Chapter 21

"Just as soon as I get out of trouble first."

Elincia cocked her head to the side as she listened to Caspian's last statement. "Is everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine. I just, uh, seem to have run into some trouble. Anyway, tell me where I should go."

"Okay. Give me just a minute." Elincia had to cut her connection to Caspian so she could speak to Freya. "What should I do?"

"Summon me," Freya said. "With our current bond, you should be capable of keeping me in your dimensional plain for at least twenty minutes now. That will be more than enough time for us to defeat everyone here and take control of the ship."

Elincia nodded and channeled her mana. "Freya, please come and help me."

She appeared before Elincia in a burst of light, a beautiful woman with silver hair, whose body was clad in platemail that didn't quite cover everything. A silver and gold breastplate covered her chest but not her stomach, revealing toned abdominal muscles and copious amounts of cleavage. The pauldrons sitting on her shoulders were made of segmented metal that clicked together. Silver protectors covered her hips but not her front, though a blue tassel moved down the center to protect her modesty. Twirling a spear in her gloved hands, Freya, the Nordic spirit of battle and warfare, charged forward and slammed her spear into the door.

SRRRRCHHHHTTT!!

The door was torn off its hinges and flew into the hallway beyond. Freya stepped outside seconds later, and Elincia flinched when swung her spear twice more and two loud screams were immediately cut off. The spirit turned toward her, set her blood covered spear on the ground, and gestured.

"Come. Let us make haste."

"R-right."

Elincia stepped out of the holding cell and, ignoring the sight of the two corpses that Freya cut up, she followed the elegant spirit of battle as she destroyed yet another door and exited the hallway.

"You should inform your life partner of our location and tell him to follow my directions."

"O-okay! I'll do my best." Elincia switched from her connection to Freya and contacted Caspian. "Can you hear me, Caspian?"

"... Yes. Is everything okay?"

"I'm fine. Freya is with me. Listen, I'm about to begin giving you directions. Please follow them so we can meet up."

"I'll do my best."

Elincia took a deep breath as she followed Freya, switched back and forth between talking to the spirit and Caspian, and tried to ignore the constant drain on her mana from keeping a gate open to let Freya remain in this world. It took a lot of effort. It was more a mental effort than a physical one. However, she continued doing her best.

"Head down two more flights of stairs. You'll reach the floor we're on."

"Two stairs. Got it."

"Next, travel through the hallway and take a left."

"Kay."

"Keep going straight."

While Elincia directed Caspian, Freya stood before her, leading her. The spirit of battle was an absolute force to be reckoned with. All Elincia needed to do was walk behind the woman, who moved forward with absolute confidence. Several people came out from doors and down staircases, trying to attack her, but all of them met their ends at Freya's hands. She moved like a whirlwind. She sliced through people as though they were fragile crepes. Even people trying to attack them from a distance with pistols and muskets met their end when Freya created several spears of light and sent them flying forward.