Chapter 26

Caspian did not sleep last night. While Elincia curled up on the bed and dozed off, he remained awake, keeping an eye on Chloe in case she tried something. This meant he was pretty tired, of course, but it wasn't like going a single night without sleep would affect his performance.

He stared at Chloe as the woman slept on the couch, her knees curled up to her chest. It was surprising that a woman like her could fall asleep in such an uncomfortable position so easily. From everything he had seen of her, this woman was the kind who enjoyed the finer things in life.

As the first rays of light seeped into the window, Chloe slowly woke up, the metal of her clothing clinking together as she sat up and stretched her arms. Her large chest nearly popped out of her clothing. Perhaps it was because he was tired, but Caspian was distinctly aware of the woman's sinful body. He looked away.

"So you really stayed up all night to watch me." Chloe wasn't wearing her boots. She placed one stocking-clad foot on the floor, while the other remained on the couch. Her foot rested against the edge as she placed her hands on her knee and leaned against it. "Are you that distrustful toward me?"

"Obviously," Caspian said with a frown. "You smuggled and sold slaves on the black market, kidnapped Ele and me, and then you tried to rape me. How am I supposed to trust someone like you?"

"Hmm... yeah, I guess I can see your point." Chloe slid her foot off the couch, then grabbed her boots and slid them on. "Well, it's not like I really care whether you trust me or not. I'm just doing this so I can save my own ass."

Caspian didn't let her words get to him, but he also didn't approve of people like Chloe, who seemed to care for nothing but themselves.

As the woman finished putting on her boots, stood up, and wandered over to the table where her rapier and pistol sat, Caspian went to the bed. Elincia was still asleep. Her eyes were closed, revealing long blonde lashes, and her mouth was partly open as she took deep breaths. He wished he could just sit there and watch her, but it was time to get up. Caspian placed his hand on her shoulders and sent his thoughts into her through their bond.

"Ele. It's time to get up."

"Nnn..."

Elincia stirred and sat up. Like Chloe, she was also fully-dressed. "Caspian... gooooood morning." A yawn escaped her mouth as she stretched her arms high above her head.

"Morning, Ele." He smiled at her. "It's time to get ready."

"Mm... kay."

Elincia stood up and tried to smooth out the wrinkles in her green dress before grabbing her leather corset and putting it on. Caspian helped her by lacing up the front. The girl was still not fully awake, evident by how her eyes were half-lidded and sleepy. He thought it was incredibly cute. If it wasn't for Chloe watching them like someone expecting a show, he would have happily kissed Elincia silly.

After throwing on some cloaks, the group traveled downstairs to have some breakfast. Their cloaks did draw some attention. Fortunately, Chloe was not wearing a cloak, and her audacious clothing seemed to grab even more stares than Elincia and Caspian with their fully-cloaked bodies. What's more, she seemed to revel in the attention.

She and Erica would get a long great...

"You think so?" Ele's voice suddenly intruded into his thoughts. "I think they'd probably fight."

"Hmm... I guess that's a possibility to. Chloe would probably feel threatened by Erica."

Erica was easily the sexiest woman Caspian knew. Every movement she made appeared carefully constructed in order to draw the most attention to her beauty, every word out of her mouth was laced with sexual overtones, and the clothes she wore were all designed to showcase her incredibly attractive figure. He'd said it once before, but Erica was like sex on legs.