Chapter 14

Caspian woke up the next morning as rays of light shone through the window and into his eyes. He groaned several times and tried to turn around, but he couldn't because his left arm was pinned to the bed by a smaller, softer body. Frowning, he opened his eyes and saw nothing but a sea of silvery blonde. It was Elincia's hair. As he blinked several more times, he realized that her back and shoulders were completely exposed as she, like him, rested on her side.

Last night Elincia had passed out when they were about to have sex. Caspian, after taking care of the problem that came from being aroused but having no outlet, had taken off all of Elincia's clothes, removed his own, and then climbed into bed. If he remembered correctly, he had fallen asleep while lying on his back. He and Elincia must have changed positions. Not only was she pinning his left arm to the bed, but his right arm was hugging her hip. His hand was also cupping the area between her legs.

Removing his hand, Caspian took several deep breaths, doing his best to calm down. He wasn't panicking, of course. However, waking up like this was causing his libido to spike. Given how drunk Elincia had gotten yesterday, he didn't think she'd be up for doing anything sexy today.

They also had things they needed to do.

"Elincia. It is time to wake up."

Caspian sent his words through the bond, which was far more effective than saying them out loud. Telepathy allowed him to penetrate her mind and speak to her directly.

Just as he expected, Elincia stirred as his words echoed inside of her head. Yawning, she sat up, allowing him to retract his slightly numb arm. Her small breasts were completely exposed. She didn't seem to notice as she cupped her face and groaned in complaint. A pained grimace passed over her.

"Caspian... why does my head hurt so much?"

He gave her a wry smile even though she couldn't see it. "You don't remember? You drank far too much last night. I had to carry you to bed, where you passed out. I believe what you have now is called a hangover."

"A hangover? What a dreadful thing." Elincia pressed both hands to her face. "I am never drinking again. Never ever again. Ugh... I feel sick too."

Caspian felt sympathy toward Elincia, who he suspected drank the coconut milk and vodka last night without thinking about what she was drinking. She was so interested in trying new things that she often jumped into such matters head first. He reached over and rubbed her naked back. It probably didn't do much to help, but Elincia leaned into him and hummed softly.

"If one of your spirits can cure a hangover, I suggest you ask them," Caspian said.

"A spirit who can cure hangovers..." Elincia mumbled and narrowed her eyes. She shivered a little and soon began rubbing her bare arms as she thought about whether or not there were any spirits who could do that, until finally... "Aegir, can you please help me with my hangover?"

Aegir was primarily a spirit of the sea, but he was also the brewer to the spirits of the Nordic Clan. That was about the extent of Caspian's knowledge on him. Elincia had never called upon this spirit before, possibly because they didn't live near the sea, but also because she had never gotten drunk.

The air around Elincia hummed as mana suddenly filled the room, thick and powerful enough to make the hairs on Caspian's arms stand right up. Perhaps it was because Elincia was not using her body as a medium. Summoning a spirit to this plain by opening a gate, or even a partial gate, meant the unrestrained power of the spirit could be felt by those who were sensitive to such things.

Caspian looked back at Elincia as the mana in the room increased. As the sensation that vibrated the air continued, the elven sorceress began looking much better. Her back straightened, her cheeks regained their healthy vibrancy, and the pain clouding her eyes cleared up. Elincia sighed in relief as the mana disappeared.