Chapter 51

There was a small procession walking through Amedon, causing the many citizens who had been enjoying the day to move aside and allow these people to walk by. Fear permeated their eyes. They were so frightened that many of the people present shivered, a few released strangled screams, and one even ran away.

This procession was led by a beautiful woman with hair as dark as raven's feathers. While one of her eyes was hidden by her bangs, the other was visible, and the beautiful amethyst color was enough to captivate those around her. Combine that with her bountiful figure, clad only in a thin dress that revealed a notorious amount of cleavage, and it was obvious that the only reason everyone hadn't run away was because of her.

Of course, given how this woman was surrounded by elves, it only made sense that everyone would be afraid.

Walking on either side of her were two female elves. One of them was a silver-haired beauty with eyes of the same color, while the other possessed golden hair like Sun. Both walked with grace and elegance as they carried a pair of weapons. The golden-haired one had a quiver and bow strapped across her shoulders. Meanwhile, the other one was carrying a pair of dirks.

Behind the two elves and the woman were three male elves; a brown-haired one, a redhead, and one with blond hair. All three of them had collars around their necks and were bound in chains. It was clear from their expressions and the chains that they were slaves.

The processions destination was the large mansion located in the center of the city. They passed underneath an archway before coming to a stop in front of a gate guarded by two women carrying a sword and shield. Both women eyed the woman and her entourage. The guarded expressions on their faces when they saw the elves caused the woman to smile.

"I would like to speak with Ameralda," the woman said.

"So you say, but..." the guard on the left glanced at the elves, who stood by the woman's side, stone-faced. "We cannot allow such dangerous individuals into her ladyship's mansion."

The woman raised an eyebrow. "Are you telling me that I cannot enter to conduct my business? I heard that Ameralda was in the market for exotic men, and I have brought three fine specimens with me."

With a flourish, the woman gestured toward the three elves bound in chains. The guards bit their lips. It was true that Ameralda wanted exotic men, and a three handsome elf slaves definitely fit with her taste, but at the same time...

They looked at the two elf women again.

"You do not need to worry about them." The woman sensed what was bothering them and waved a dismissive hand. "These women are my bodyguards. They will only attack if someone attacks us first, or if I order them to." A smile crept onto her face, but it wasn't kind. Filled with haughty arrogance, it was the kind someone gave when they were looking down on others. "I would never attack Ameralda without good reason. After all, that's not good business."

While the guards bristled at the woman's condescending smile, it wasn't like they could do anything when confronted with such overwhelming firepower. A regular human was no match for an elf.

"You may go in," the guard on the left said as the other one opened the gate. "But I am warning you: Do not do anything untoward here. Even if you do have elf bodyguards, we will not hesitate to skewer you if we think you're even the least bit dangerous."

"That's good to know." The woman didn't even seem bothered by those words as she turned to her bodyguards. "Let's go."

Proceeding through the small gate, the woman and her procession walked down a walkway made of paved red bricks. They passed a myriad of flowers before reaching the mansion proper. While most would have considered this mansion large and imposing, the woman could only derisively scoff. However, she kept her thoughts to herself as she walked up to a pair of large double-doors. This time, she was not stopped. The two men guarding the door gave her figure an appreciative glance, and then pushed the doors open for her.