Chapter 17

Love Remembers

Chapter 17

*****Georgia’s POV*****

                I woke up to voices coming from the kitchen, and as I eased open my eyes I saw I was in a complete different room. Having a mini heart attack I flung myself upright too fast which caused me to get dizzy, but made yesterday’s memories come flooding back.

                With a sigh I just flopped back onto my pillow. Why was life so frustrating? I mean seriously, why do people lose their memories? Can’t they just be a walking memory box?

                After a few minutes of lying there I decided I’d go see what that racket in the kitchen was, mainly because I’m hungry and I smelled food. Sliding my legs off the bed and sitting up slowly so I didn’t get dizzy again. I stood up and headed towards the joined bathroom to get washed up.

                Man let me tell you one look in the mirror said it was a good choice I did. The makeup I put on earlier this morning was smeared, and my hair made me look like Chewbacca! I scrambled around for a hair brush and makeup remover. I opened up a cupboard filled with items such as a tooth brush, toothpaste, mouth wash, makeup, and makeup remover!

                Quickly snatching it and ripping the top off the package I grabbed out a wipe and started scrubbing off the old makeup. When I was done it looked like some weird form of art that someone would call unique in Europe.

                As I threw the wipe away I turned to look in the mirror to lay eyes on my reflected self. My eyes didn’t look so hallow now as they did, my hair even looked better besides the look that was going on right now. Yea, it took a little bit but at least I didn’t look like a walking zombie anymore. Now to control the beast that I named Chewbacca, I thought to myself as I grabbed the hair brush from one of the cupboards I discovered it in.

                About eight minutes later I was ready to go, I was dressed and my hair actually looked decent enough to walk out of the house in. Which was a plus because normally I always ended up yanking it up in a ponytail or a messy bun, but today I decided to braid it hippy style with a deep side part and my side swept bangs braided in a small French braid along my hairline with the rest of my hair flowing loosely down my back.

                “It’s something different,” I said to myself as I opened the door and walked into the hallway.

                “Georgia, are you talking to yourself again?” A male voice asked as I turned around to face him only to see it was Letty’s brother James.

                “James, you’ve known me this long you should know dang well I talk to myself quite a bit.” I replied cockily and turned back around starting off towards the kitchen.

                “True, but there’s nothing wrong with asking am I right?” He replied smoothly standing up from leaning against the wall and catching up with me.

                “I guess not, but why ask a dumb question?”

                “What can I say? I felt like it.”

                “Oh you always feel like doing a lot of stuff.” I told him as I stopped and turned around to face him.

                “You know me so well.” He said with a smile as he pulled me into a hug.                “It’s nice to see you’re ok.”