Chapter 21

Love Remembers

Chapter 21

*****Georgia’s POV*****

                I sat down in the seat next to the guy I just met named Jake, I believe it was Jake anyways. He looked awfully familiar but I couldn’t exactly put my finger on why he did though. Oh well, I just shrugged the thought off as I leaned back into the seat and propped my feet up on the one in front of me.

                I glanced at Letty out of the corner of my eye to see her chatting with Chris. She seemed awfully cozy with him. I wonder if they ended up getting together and it’s one of the memories I’m missing. They looked like they’d make a cute couple and you could see in Chris’s eyes that he has feelings towards her. But she seemed kind of in shock in a way, but a good kind of shock not the bad kind.

                I turned back around to face the movie screen just as the previews appeared with some advertisement for some new cartoon movie coming out. I think it was for the rise of the guardians or something like that. Oh well, it didn’t seem to interest me at the moment due to the fact that I had one amazingly cute guy sitting next to me.

                “You look like something’s on your mind,” I said, turning to face him.

                “Yeah, I guess you could say that.” He answered with a small smile.

                “Well, what’s wrong?”

                “It’s kind of hard to explain…”

I could tell he clearly didn’t want to talk about it so I decided to change the subject and cheer him up.

“Well, I’ll tell you what. I say if this movie sucks me and you should ditch.” I said , turning my body in my seat to face him.

“Now why would we do that?” He asked with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Well, I look for this movie to suck honestly, but it was the only one that wasn’t sold out. So therefore, it would be a better way to end the night.”

“Well darling,” he began, his deep southern drawl sending chills up my spine. “I’ll tell you what, we watch the movie then I’ll take you home and Chris and Letty can ride together. Sound good?”

“Sounds good to me,” I answered.

As the movie started I saw him adjust his arm and leave his hand open under the armrest as a gesture for us to hold hands. So I neared mine down and softly placed it in his as we locked fingers. Out of the corner of his eye I saw him give me a smile which I gratefully returned.

As the movie credits rolled up on the screen I yawned a bit and lifted my head off of the position of Jake’s shoulder where it ended up somewhere during the movie. Standing up I stretched my arms and picked my purse up from its location at my feet.

“So where too now?” Chris asked as I slung my purse over my shoulder.

“Well bud, I think Georgia here is getting a bit tired so I’ll just take her home. You and Letty can head off and do whatever I guess if you two are cool with that?” He asked looking back and forth between the two of them.

“I’m cool with it,” Chris replied. “Are you Letty?”

“Yeah, I guess so.” She said with a smile.

“Alright then, I’ll see you guys later.” Jake said as he turned and grasped my hand in his as we started off towards the exit.

He lead me through the crowds of people that were standing around here and there and going into the theaters as some were leaving the movie like we were. As we weaved in and out of people milling about the theater I found some faces I somewhat recognized. Over by the line of food I saw Andrew Young with a girl that I assume is his girlfriend. Then over by the bathroom I saw Macy Banks who was one of my friends in elementary school.

I was shook from my thoughts and wandering as Jake opened the door and I felt the night air hit me as we stepped out of the theater.

“Where’d you park at?” He asked me as we glanced around the parking lot.

“I’ll tell you what?” I began with a half-smile as I took my hand from his and put them on my hips. “You give me a piggy back ride and I’ll lead you to it.”

“Sounds good to me,” With that I jumped on his back and had him start off in the direction of the car.

It was beginning to sprinkle a bit, but the moon was still high in the sky above us illuminating the parking lot where the street lights wouldn’t. I sighed and rested my chin on his shoulder.

“Turn here,” I told him pointing left. “It’s just through this little section and you’ll see a blue S-10.”

He turned where I told him to and walked over to the truck and sat me down on the edge of the bed. It was a little damp from the moisture of the sprinkles, but it wasn’t enough to leave a wet mark on my shorts.

He relaxed as he leaned back on the truck and stared up at the sky as I ran my fingers through his hair. I don’t know why but I felt this strong attraction to him, like we’ve been together before but part of me knew we haven’t while that other part said thin again Georgia.

I’ve never felt like this before, I felt like I could really trust him and that he would never hurt me. It was weird because I just met him only two hours ago. I’ll just watch my back, and maybe then my thoughts will prove correct.

I lightly shoved him forward just a bit too where I could slide down to the ground. Once I could feel my feet touch the pavement I hopped off the truck and gave Jake a hug.

After a second he hugged me back and opened my side door for me to get in. Once I slide in and kicked back in the seat he shut the door beside me and walked around the front of the truck and got in his side.

“Where’s the keys?” He asked glancing around the truck.

“Oh under the floor mat, Letty always leaves them there.”

After a few moments of digging around by his feet he was able to find them and put them in the ignition. On the drive home it was quiet, but not an awkward quiet it was a good quiet. The kind of quiet there is in movies where everyone is content with their surroundings and their life at the moment, and frankly I can understand why the characters experiencing it enjoy the silence after the battle.

I gazed off out the window as the lights of our small town faded into the darkness of corn fields and houses in the country. It was relaxing, it was peaceful, it was great to be out here with him. I don’t know why, but it was. It felt like we’ve done this a million times before, just driving down back roads and parking somewhere staring at the stars. It felt like I was finally home again.

Before I knew it we were pulling up the drive to Letty’s house.

“Thank you for giving me a ride home,” I told him softly as he shut the truck off and put it in park.

“You’re welcome,” He replied as he turned his head and smiled at me the moonlight hitting his face just right where I could make out every outline.

“How are you going to get a ride home though?” I asked as the question popped in my mind remembering that we took Letty’s truck home.

“Oh I know Letty’s brother. I’ll just ask him for a lift.”

“Oh, well like I said thanks again he should be in the barn working on his truck.” I told him and leaned over and planted a kiss softly on his cheek and got out of the truck and started off towards the house.

I opened the front door and entered the mud room, kicking off my boots and went into the kitchen to grab a drink.

Tonight was a good night, I thought to myself. I just wonder what Georgia’s up 2.

A/N:

Woohoo! Update! Ha-ha! Alrighty, I don’t really know what I think of this chapter too much but hey, I tried.

Awwww, Georgia has feelings for Jake! Again! And She seems like shes getting back her memories again little by little!

What do you guys think? Does she seem be getting her memories back?

Teaser: What are Letty and Chris up too hmmm?

Next Update: 1,850+ reads and let’s try for 5+ votes please!

DON’T FORGET TO RATE, COMMENT, FAN, VOTE AND SPREAD THE WORD OF THIS STORY PLEASE!