Chapter 16

Love Remembers

Chapter 16

****Letty’s POV****

                It’s been a day since I’ve visited Georgia and she flipped out on me. Today she was able to be discharged and go home. The only thing that’s different is the fact that she would be living with me and would be missing two years’ worth of memory that would be different.

                Yesterday when she flipped it upset me because she basically made me feel like I was a bad friend because I didn’t understand her situation. I’m sorry but I tried, and in my opinion that’s all that matters because I was there for her. She just didn’t understand that, which is what I realized while I sat in the cafeteria yesterday after I left the room.

                Now I was signing the papers that would be proof of Georgia’s release into my family’s care. Let me tell you I didn’t realize there were this many papers that needed to be signed. To be honest I’m not sure if it’s because of the accident that there are so many papers or if there are this many normally! I swear there are over ten different papers that I had to throw my John Hancock on, and frankly it was quite frustrating.

                It annoys the fudge out of me because there are two papers that are basically for the same things. One paper calls for a signature promising that we will treat her good, while another makes us sign promising she’ll stay healthy in our care. Basically it’s kind of the same things, but I can also understand why they try to cover every aspect of the situation making sure that the patient will for sure be ok.

                By the time I was done signing and filling out the paper work five minutes have already passed and it was twelve thirty. I picked my purse up and took the clipboard up to the nurse at the counter.

                “Ok, thank you and you can go on ahead into the room and make sure she has everything she needs. Another nurse will be in soon with a little bit more information and you’ll be set to go.” A polite smile placed on her face as she rambled on while I was half listening.

                “Ok, thank you.” With that I turned around and went straight to Georgia’s room praying that I wouldn’t get stopped again for some random reason.

                As I walked into the room my eyes went straight to Georgia who was in the process of making the bed and cleaning the room. I stood there watching her as she tucked the sheets under the edge of the bed like she always did to her own. All her stuff was in bags that the nurse must have gave her and they were lying on the couch. The flowers she received over the time of being in the hospital were on the little counter located in the room.

                After a few moments of standing there and taking everything in Georgia eventually turned and noticed me standing there.

                “Hey what are you doing?” I asked moving away from the door and going to plop down on one of the chairs located in the room.

                “Cleaning,” She replied simply as she went back to making the bed.

                “But why, they have people here that are supposed to do that?”

                “Because they took good care of me and it’s only right to repay them this way.”

                “Well I guess that makes sense, but I still think you should just leave it go.”

                “I figured you would.”

                “Well finish making the bed then you’re able to get discharged when the nurse comes in.” I told her grabbing a breakfast bar out of my purse and shoving it in my mouth. Yea I know it’s hoggish but I was hungry!