Chapter 13

Love Remembers

Chapter 13

*****Letty’s POV*****

Looking back on the past I remembered how much Georgia has changed since then. She has become such a better person that nobody would believe she ever acted like that in the first place. After that day Jake and I talked each week at the race track, and the day soon came that Eric did prove himself to be a pri*k just like Chris said he was and Georgia came stomping over wanting to leave when I was hanging with Jake. But she got distracted and wanted to meet him so we were there for yet another two hours while she ignored me for Jake. Soon after that we came to the tracks for him, and I noticed whenever we went out places he came along.

                I also got introduced to something new called jealousy. Whenever I felt this I simply pushed the thought away. I mean how could I be jealous of Georgia? She’s my best friend, always has and always will be too! It was simply a crazy thought when I was happy for her. Although I met Jake first and I felt quite a strong attraction to him after getting to know him better, after I saw how they both look at each other I just pushed it away also.

What else could I have done in that situation? I couldn’t just tell him, it would cause more trouble for me than what I already had on my plate. Plus it could tear my friendship apart with Georgia, which I know for sure I wouldn’t be able to bear. So ever since that day I have been hiding my feelings and waiting and waiting for a time for them to show. Or even for a chance to help either of them out because that’s what a friend does, and after all I am a good friend and that’s what mattered most to me.

I was jerked away from my private thoughts as I noticed Georgia’s now awake body stirring. I quickly stood up and drifted over to the side of her bed.

“Hey Georgia, how you feeling” I asked softly

“Better, but I’m so confused. Why am I here in the hospital when I’m supposed to be at your house?”

“It’s kind of a long story Georgia, why don’t you eat a little bit of the food I brought up first and then I’ll tell it to you.”

“Sounds good to me, I’m starving. What did you bring?” she asked and glanced over to the boxes of food I had left sitting on the chair that my butt just occupied.

“Well why exactly would I tell you, it’s a surprise, duh.” I said sarcastically.

“You would tell me because I have had enough surprises and mysteries that still are yet to be solved for a lifetime today.’

“Good point, I brought salad, fries, and chicken breast.”

“Yum sounds amazing right now.”

“Oh believe me it is.”

“You ate without me?” She asked in utter shock.

‘’Oh my god, if it means that much to you I’ll ask the nurse to go make me a sandwich.” I replied sputtering with laughter.

“Good! You know I hate eating when no one else is.”

“Yes I know, “because it feels like everyone is watching you shovel food into your big mouth.” I quote the saying she says every single time she has to eat alone.

“Exactly, you know me so well my little Lettykins! I’ll call in the nurse.” She said happily, calling me the nickname she knows frustrates me, and she hasn’t called me in about two years.

I would have said something about the nickname but because of the memory loss she wouldn’t know anything about me not liking it or not having said it for two years up until now. So I just gritted turned around and walked over to get her food, gritting my teeth along the way to keep from popping off with something that I would surely regret later.