Chapter 22

Love Remembers

Chapter 22

*****Letty’s POV*****

                During the movie I joked around with Chris here and there and it was nice. I haven’t really had a conversation with him like this in a long time. Even though I was talking with him I watched Georgia and Jake out of the corner of my eye and they seemed to be getting cozy with each other, chatting away and enjoying each other’s company.

                So it didn’t really shock me when Jake said he would drive her home and for me just to ride with Chris. In fact I was actually excited about the idea of being with Chris the rest of the night, just me and him. The only times I have ever hung out with him was when I used to hang out with Jake and the three of us went mudding near Bower’s Creek or at Chris’s farm.

                After Jake and Georgia left us, Chris and I went out into the parking lot to his truck and got in.

                “So where did you want to go?” I asked Chris once he slid in and started the truck letting it warm up a bit.

                “I was just about ready to ask you that same question when I thought of something.” He said with a smile as he put the truck in reverse and pulled out of the parking lot.

                “Just what would that be?” I asked laughing.

                “I can’t tell you it’s a secret!”

                “Secrets don’t make friends!”

                “But friends make secrets. So there you have it.” He said with a wink as he pulled off the main road onto an old back road that I’ve never known was there.

                “Woah, where are we? I’ve never been back here.” I asked him.

                He didn’t answer right away just pulled through the trees to reveal a pond with moonlight shining down reflection upon the surface of the water as it sparkled everywhere. He shut the truck off and let it coast towards the waters bank where he eased onto the break and let it come to a stop.

                Then he turned the key back and the radio came on, the sound of music filling my ears.

“I can’t tell you or I’ll have to kill you, now reach under your seat and get that mason jar out if you would Hun.” He said with a wink and got out of the truck and headed towards the water’s edge.

I’m assuming he expected me to follow him, so I did as he said and grabbed the mason jar out from under the seat and got out. As I walked to where Chris was waiting I glanced at the mason jar’s contents. It was filled with a clear liquid and looked like it had tiny pieces of apples inside. I didn’t know exactly what it was but I had somewhat of an idea, it had to be a form of liquor or else it wouldn’t have been under his seat.

“So what are we doing out here?” I asked him as I came over to stand beside him and stare out upon the water as the moon light illuminated everything it could and casting shadows on the things it couldn’t.

“Well, what you’re holding there hun is highly illegal, so we are going to get a little bit tipsy and maybe take a swim in the pond.” He replied sitting down and brushing him pants off with his hands

“Sounds good to me,” I said with a smile and sat down beside him, handing him the jar.

                “Alrighty, let’s crack this baby open and get to sippin shall we?” with that he twisted the lid off and handed me the jar.

                “What’d you hand it to me for?”

                “Ladies first,” He said with a wink.

                So I took a sip of the liquid and instantly knew what it was as It burned going down. The pretty little liquid in the glass was moonshine. How he got it I don’t know but I haven’t had it in forever and by god it tasted like heaven. It was apple pie, my favorite. Instantly I was hit with a memory of the first time I had moonshine. Unsurprisingly it was with Jake and Chris.

****Flashback****

                “Hey Letty, get your ass over here!” Chris yelled slurring his words because he’s been drinking all night at his camper with the guys.

                “What for Chris?” I asked as I spun around on my heel sending a cloud of dust in the air and throwing my left hand on my hip as I used my right to lift up my sunglasses so I could get a better view of him.

                “Come on Letty cakes come have a drink with me please.” He begged as he tried to stand up but failed and fell back into the foldable lawn chair.

                “Fine, one beer Chris but that’s it I got to get back to Georgia’s camper.” I said matter of fact and made my way towards an empty lawn chair beside him.

                “Oh honey we aren’t sipping on beer, we have something even better in these red cups.”

                “Just what is that then?” I said sitting down beside him.

                “It’s a little thing called moonshine,” He replied with a wink as his eyes twinkled with a light in it I’ve never seen before.

With that I took another sip and leaned on over and laid my head on his shoulder as we listened to the music streaming from the speakers  in his trucks and drank moonshine.

A/N:

I am so sorry! I have been extremely busy here lately and had MAJOR writers block. I know it’s short but hey it’s better than nothing.

Please VOTE, COMMENT, RATE, LIKE, SHARE do anything you can to get this story out there please! ♥ I’ll try to update again soon!.