Chapter 7

*****Georgia’s POV*****

                I grabbed my keys off of the kitchen counter along with an apple because I skipped breakfast.  Plus aren’t apples supposed to keep doctors away for a day? Which is what I preferred because I mean who wants to go to the doctors? Personally I don’t like them, every time I go for a checkup they use those stethoscopes which are freezing, and I do mean freezing on my back! I shuddered at the thought and headed out to Jake’s truck locking the front door behind me.

As I approached I saw he was sitting there his left arm resting upon the steering wheel and his right lightly resting on the shifter while he fiddled with the radio. I could just barley hear the beat of some bubbly pop song on before he changed it.

“Hey that was a good song!” I said as I neared the truck.

“F**k Georgia you scared the s**t out of me!” He replied jumping.

“Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare the poor baby.”

“I’m sure you didn’t” He muttered under his breath as he put the truck in gear.

“You know me so well!” I said scooting over and plopping a kiss on his cheek.

“That I do darlin’ that I do.”

Then he focused his attention back onto the road, so I leaned my head on his shoulder and turned the radio back on. But Oddly enough I wasn’t in the mood for any country, so I turned on the local pop and hip hop station.

The beat of Ushers Lil Freak came playing through the crackled speakers. What in the world was he thinking when he wrote this song! I like it but still, it’s just not right. Then Nicki Minaj’s verse came on and I started to sing it.

“I hotter than a hundred degrees-“

“No she’s not! Those wigs don’t get it. Now her natural hair is a different story.” Jake interrupted.

I cracked up into laughter at his randomness of a response.

“What?” He asked, “Georgia why are you laughing so hard?”

“N-nothing” I said still not containing my laughter.

“Ok then.” He said stretching it out, still confused. Then he reached over and turned to the local country station.

Some beat to a song that sounded familiar came on; eventually I realized what it was.

“Hey I know this song!” Jake said, and started singing.

“I know I’m still young,

But I know how I feel,

I might not have too much experience,

But I know when love is real.

By the way my heart starts pounding,

 When I look into your eyes,

I might look a little silly,

Standing with my arms stretched open wide

I love you this big

Eyes have never seen…this big

No-one’s ever dreamed…this big

And I’ll spend the rest of my life

Explaining what words cannot describe but I’ll try.

I love you this big”

As he finished the singing the song to me I let out a sigh of content and nuzzled my head in between his shoulder and neck. He just sang our song to me; no one would honestly realize how happy that made me besides Jake himself. Then he softly kissed the top of my head and using his free hand to smooth my hair back and grasp my hand in his.

“You know,” I began. “You never said where we’re going.”

“We’re just simply going to town to pick some things up.”

“Ok good, because I got to check the post office, that shirt I ordered came we got a notice in the mail.”

“Is it that Luke Bryan shirt?” He asked, way too excited.

“Yes…and no you can’t wear it just because I ordered a guy’s small.”

“But why, it makes my abs look good and you know you like it.” He replied trying to convince me.

“Maybe,” That was all I said because we pulled up to the post office and I opened the door as he shut the truck off.

“Mmhm, you say that now but you just wait till you see the boys. I’ve been keeping ‘em in good shape.” He said slamming his truck door and joined me in front of it.

“Oh tone the ego down some honey, it won’t work on me.” With that I turned around and started off towards the doors to the post office swaying my hips just to tease him.

A/N

Now I planned on having this be the important chapter but it was too long so I cut it short.

Anyways I hope you liked it and I’m sorry for not updating here earlier. But I’ve been extremely busy, and I’m glad I got a chance to update today!

Attached is the Jake and Georgia’s song. Personally I LOVE it <3

Please Vote, Comment , and Rate. J