Chapter 33: Bone Frame Examination

As he came nearer, Li Fuchen realised how awe-inspiring the Cang Lan Sect was. Everything stated in the legends came to realization, a spotless sky clear as a blue crystal could be seen above.

Atop the thousands of peaks, pine trees were rooted with branches reached to the sky, and one could see countless Crowned Cranes soaring through the sky.

These Crowned Cranes had abnormally huge bodies, they were as tall as 10 meters and were also known as Giant Cranes. They had brightly colored feathers and were obviously the mutated version of ordinary Crowned Cranes. With lighting speed, they could easily pierce through clouds like an arrow.

Apart from that, deeper into the mountains, beastly roars could be constantly heard. Li Fuchen sighted an enormous python erecting half its body, spitting out mist after swallowing the clouds and absorbing the sun and moon's essence within.

"Legends foretold that the sect could tame demonic beasts and use a unique pill to refine the demonic qi in it to spirit qi. It seems that all those stories are true." Li Fuchen assumed that the Cang Lan Sect couldn't have too many demonic beasts residing within. As demonic beasts were brutal and bloodthirsty monsters, thus they are unable to live in harmony with humans.

As everyone arrived at the foot of the mountain, a Giant Crane which had the strength of an ox came flying towards them. Riding on it was a veteran.

This veteran was obviously an outer sect elder and was here to guide everyone to the mountain.

The mountain was named Plateau Mountain, meaning stability and steadiness. It was one of the outer sect's peaks, normally used for receiving guests or conducting outer sect disciple appraisal trials, and was the residence of many outer sect elders and deacons.

Among the other peaks, Plateau Mountain was one of the lower ones, with a height of 700 meters. On the path to the summit of the mountain, Li Fuchen noticed unending rows of houses and mansions along the way. There were also many busy outer sect deacons who are all at least at the level of the Origin Realm.

As Li Fuchen continued, he counted at least a hundred outer sect deacons and felt lament. The sect was worthy of its name, just this small peak contained so many Origin Realm experts and this was just a small portion of the deacons on Plateau Mountain. The Cang Lan Sect has more than a hundred peaks, some far beyond what the human eye can see and were hidden in the mist.

Reaching the top of the mountain, Li Fuchen's eyes suddenly widened.

Plateau Mountain, as the name suggested, the top of the mountain looked like it was cleaved horizontally by god. There was this gigantic plateau which could hold thousands of people and on the other side of the plateau, was this massive monastery.

"Stand in a queue and enter in order to register your identity. Take note, do not make any error with your personal information, if not, you will need to take responsibility for it." Chen Zongming said in the strict tone.

"Understood." Li Fuchen and the rest nodded.

In front of them were at least a thousand disciples.

Outer sect disciple appraisals weren't done on any fixed date of the month, but continuously carried out with every batch's arrival. Because it would be too tiresome to appraise tens of thousands of disciples all in one go. Furthermore, every batch arrived at the different timing, just waiting wouldn't be beneficial either.

The queue shorten very quickly and roughly after one hour, it was time for Li Fuchen's group to register.

After the registration, the first segment of the trial began: Bone Frame Examination.