Chapter 20: The Eve

The last two days before the contest, Li Fuchen managed to grasp the first move of the Red Jade Sword Style, Touch of Red Jade to sub-completion.

With sub-completion, Touch of Red Jade produced a strong suction. With a space of half a meter, it could attract steel swords that weighed a few kilograms and if used at point-blank, the force of attraction would be dozens of times stronger. But actually with Li Fuchen's cultivation, he should have been unable to produce any suction force.

"Young master, look out now."

In the yard, Li Fuchen's clan attendant, Li Daquan who was a fighter at the eighth level of the Qi Realm, slashed at Li Fuchen.

The sword had the velocity of lightning and force of a hurricane, if it was any other fighter at the sixth level of the Qi Realm, they would have been cleaved apart and unable to react.

Li Fuchen gave a lighthearted smile, drew the blade at his waist and countered the attack.

Clang!

The swords clashed forcefully.

As Li Daquan used his qi to shake off Li Fuchen sword, he suddenly felt that his sword wasn't in his control. It was actually stuck to Li Fuchen's sword.

"What is going on?"

Li Daquan was startled.

"You lost."

Li Fuchen's sword was pressed against Li Daquan's throat.

Li Daquan frantically swallowed his saliva, "Young master, you learnt the Red Jade Sword Style?"

To his knowledge, within the Li Clan, only the Red Jade Sword Style could magnetise the foe's sword.

"Not considered learnt, only the first move is at sub-completion."Replied Li Fuchen.

'First move at sub-completion?"

Li Daquan look at Li Fuchen wide eyed. Isn't it the case that before the seventh level of the Qi Realm, none can grasp the essence of high-tier, yellow class sword arts? Sub-completion is considered to have slight comprehension of the essence.

A sub-completion high-tier, yellow class sword style may not have a higher firepower than a completion mid-tier sword style. But in terms of technique, it surpassed the mid-tier by miles. And for the Qi Realm, many times, it's the technique that is more important than the power.

"Remember to keep it a secret."Li Fuchen notified.

"I understand young master."

Excitement was written all over Li Daquan's facial expression. Others may not expect anything good from the young master, but who would have thought he would have a killer move. After the young master enters the Cang Lan Sect, as his attendant, his status in the Li Clan would certainly improve.

What he didn't know was, Li Fuchen practicing the Red Jade Sword Style was not for the genius contest but for the future which was full of uncertainty. Seeking power is what a martial artist should strive for and cultivating the Red Jade Sword Style was purely for strengthening himself.

***

"Elder Chen, welcome to Yunwu City."

At the gates of the city lord residence, city lord, Shen Tu Jianhe was warmly welcoming an elder in blue robes.

"Shen Tu city lord, thank you for receiving me."

The elder seemed to be 60 years of age, dressed in blue robes, and on his back was a small white blade.

If there were people that understood the dressing of the Cang Lan Sect, they would have instantly recognised this blue robe. Only the Cang Lan outer sect's elder was qualified to wear this robe, with no exceptions. All outer sect elders were of the Earth Realm. Their status were the same as the city lord's under the Cang Lan Sect and in special events, their status exceeded the city lord's. Events like the genius contest.