Chapter 32: Onwards to the Cang Lan Sect

The trip to the Cang Lan Sect covered a distance of 10,000 miles. Even riding the Demonic Blood Steed which could travel 1000 miles per day, would still require almost half a month to reach the Cang Lan Sect.

On the highway, dozens of majestic Demonic Blood Steeds were galloping.

On the horseback were Chen Zongming, seven of the Cang Lan Sect's inner sect disciples, and 7 of the newly recruited disciples which included Shen Tu Liang.

The Shen Tu Clan, which is the city lord's clan is given an entry spot every 4 years and coincidentally, this year was the fourth year.

"Brother Zhan, how many disciples were recruited in the previous recruitment?"

Along the way, conversations were striked up time and time again, this time it was Yang Kai as he turned to ask Yang Zhan.

Yang Zhan replied, "Tons, nearly 10,000."

"10 thousand?" Yang Kai gasped, "Is there so many cities under the Cang Lan region?"

Yang Lie who rode beside Yang Zhan explained, "Our Yunwu City is a small city, with only a population of 1 million for the entire region. Some of the other large cities have up to 10 million citizens within their region and have 10 or 20 entry spots. Other than those, within the Cang Lan region there are plenty of Martial Institutions that are responsible for grooming talents for the sect."

"Martial Institution!"

Only allowed on Creativenovels.com

Li Fuchen have heard of Martial Institutions before. In Yingfeng City's region, there is the Yingcai Martial Institution, which is just a little over a hundred miles away from Yunwu City.

Martial Institutions mainly recruited ordinary civilians with the occasional major or minor clansmen. In fact, Martial Institutions were a good option due its competitive environment, as it could help inspire one's fighting spirit.

But entry spots for Martial Institutes were tougher to obtain than entrance to the genius contests of the cities. In Yunwu City, the participants for the genius contest was around 100. But the participants for the genius contests within the Martial Institutes amounted in a far higher number...

Other than that, the competition within the Martial Institutes were harsh. Civilians from different cities gathered at the institute to change their destiny and were exceptionally hard working. Most of the clansmen that entered were overshadowed easily due to their different upbringing.

Of course, there were still plenty of clansmen who chose to enter the Martial Institute to harden themselves.

At this time, the outer sect elder Chen Zongming interrupted, "There are less Martial Institutes than cities, at around the ratio of 1:5. You people may have good talent, but in terms of combat skills, none of you may even be ranked top 10 at an institute. Thus, after entering the sect, don't assume you are able to rise straight to the top. Without effort, you will still be left out and fall to the bottom."

After the conversation, nobody treated that information with regards. After all, nobody wanted to admit to themselves that they were worse off than others, especially when one was from a major clan.

***

Arriving at Yingfeng City...

Yar! Yar! (TL note: Giddyup!)

On the spacious highway, two groups of horsemen converged.

"Elder Chen, what a coincidence!"

The one who spoke was a veteran riding on a black Demonic Blood Steed. Behind him were a group of Origin Realm experts and 20 youths of both genders.