Chapter 16: Scarlet Snow Pill

At the training grounds, the 7 foot Li Yunhai stood with his arms opened and lifted a giant boulder. His muscles were bulging, especially the ones on his arms, he looked especially tough like stone.

Rumble!

Placing the boulder down, Li Yunhai was feeling high-spirited and vigorous.

Originally he was only had 200 kg in strength, which was around the same as the rest. But now with the drastic difference of 750 kg, this was almost the same as a Class 1 mid-tier demonic beasts.

"Li Fuchen this fool, he didn't make use of the opportunity given and tried to be unselfish. How could he understand that on the road of cultivation, forsaking any opportunity given is an extremely foolish behaviour. I didn't have the certainty to beat him before, now he is not even worth looking at."

With his 750 kg of new found power, in addition to his sixth level at the Qi Realm, Li Yunhai felt tenacious like never before.

"Look, Li Fuchen is here."

Only allowed on Creativenovels.com

Just as Li Fuchen wanted to leave, the crowd noticed him.

"Li Fuchen."Li Yunhai halted him.

Li Fuchen stopped and spoke, "Congratulations on the return."

Li Yunhai assessed Li Fuchen and felt he had grown stronger than before, "Yes, I have returned. Interested in a spar? You should know, within the entire Li Clan, only you could receive my attacks properly."

"Thanks for the offer, but the genius contest is about to begin. There will be the opportunity for that later."

Even though Li Yunhai had an huge boost in power, Li Fuchen believed himself to be much more capable. Physical strength means nothing, he just felt having a spar with him now had no purpose at all.

Li Yunhai displayed a smile that had hidden intentions and thought to himself, "Seems like the other side is afraid and not is willing to fight me. Well, even if I force him, it would only invite gossips from others, as I have soaked in the Tempering Pool and Li Fuchen didn't. Seems that I can only break his will and pride at the genius contest."

"I will wait for you at the genius contest."Said the prideful Li Yunhai.

Li Fuchen just gave a light laugh and said nothing, then he left.

"Hai, what a waste. I thought with Li Fuchen's ability, he could have excelled during the contest. But it seems that the probability has decreased."

"That is more like a hopeless wish."

"Not necessarily. Results of the past showed that those who didn't get to enter the Tempering Pool defeated those that did. Having better physical power doesn't guarantee a win."

"That is true, but you have to know the participants of the genius contest are not only from our 4 major clans. Yunwu City has a population of more than 200,000 and that is not including the region controlled by Yunwu City which has more than millions of people. Within these millions, there are bound to be tremendous geniuses joining the contest. As such, the difficulty of fighting for the top 5 spots is not to be underestimated."

"What you say seems reasonable too. Look at the Guan Clan, they came from an isolated area and one of them became a Cang Lan Sect disciple. Thus, their rise to the top and becoming one of the 4 major clans in Yunwu City."

At the training grounds, discussions were conducted, with most of them feeling bad for Li Fuchen.

***