Chapter 3: The Martial Library

"Young Master Fuchen, what brings you here?"

Today, Li Fuchen had arrived at the martial library. At the entrance were guards giving their greetings to Li Fuchen.

This library was a place of importance to the Li Clan, in it contains a vast number of martial arts manuals. For regular disciples, an application has to be approved, with the exception to Li Fuchen of course.

Li Fuchen snickered, "Why? I can't be here?"

"Of course you can!"The guards followed up with an apologetic smile.

Once Li Fuchen was in the library, one of the guards whispered, "Weird... Isn't it the case that Young Master Fuchen can't cultivate? So why is he here? And Young Master looks different than usual, he looks jovial."

"Maybe he hasn't been here in a long time and wants to see it again." The other guard replied with a pitiful tone.

***

There were 3 floors in the library.

The first floor was where all the low-tier, yellow class manuals were located, middle-tiers on the second floor, and high-tiers on the third floor.

Advancing straight to the second floor, Li Fuchen began to skim through the sword art manuals.

Having cultivated 2 low-tier, yellow class sword arts. Other than the Tiger Fang Cross Slash, there was also the Crescent Sword Style, which he already cultivated to the completion stage last year.
As the Tiger Fang Cross Slash was much more complex, it took longer to reach the completion stage. This time, he wanted to see with his current perception, how fast he could learn a middle-tier, yellow class sword art.

"Swift Breeze Sword Style: Overwhelming speed with a domineering sword qi. One can only feel the breeze, but the sword is nowhere to be seen."

"Soaring Eagle Sword Style: Eagle strikes from the sky, unmatched sword qi"

"Shao Shang Sword Style: A sword with strength filled to the brim; earth shattering power."

"Xiao Zhou Heaven Sword Style..."

"Drifting Sword Style..."

"Diving Fish Sword Style..."

"Octadic Sword Style..."

.....

Within the library, a majority of the manuals were sword arts. Glancing through all the sword arts, for a split moment Li Fuchen saw images of swordsmen rise and fall.

Ultimately, Li Fuchen picked the Swift Breeze and Shao Shang Sword Style.

The Swift Breeze Sword Style gave the feeling of it being the most complex out of all the others, and Shao Shang Sword Style with its staggering strength.

Finally, Li Fuchen also pick the Cyclone Kick Style.

This kick style emphasized speed. There was much worth in cultivating this, as upon attaining sub-completion, not only will one have sharp kicks, it even raises one's speed as well.

***

"Choosing 3 manuals in one go?
The elder protector of the library was Li Fuchen's cousin grandfather, Li Dexing. With grizzled hair and furrowed brows he said, "Fuchen, although I am not sure if you can peacefully cultivate now. Even if you could, learning so many styles at one time is not beneficial. The essence of martial arts is not by quantity, one must understand that being a jack of all trades will mean that you can be a master of none."

Li Fuchen gave a nod of respect, "Yes Elder, I understand. It is just for me to take a look."

"If that is the case, I will not stop you."