Chapter 6: Martial Artist Accessories

Li Fuchen was battling a Metal Claw Wolf atop an uneven terrain.

The Metal Claw Wolf had a weaker defense than the Steel Boned Jackal, but it's offense was far greater. Using its claws that were half a meter long, it could destroy the trunk of a sizable tree with ease.

Cheng!

Sparks flew as Li Fuchen's steel sword slid along the wolf's metal claw and found its entry into the wolf's throat.

"A total of 4 moves, there is still room for improvement."

After the encounter with the Steel Boned Jackal, Li Fuchen was able to face the Metal Claw Wolf with composure and required just 4 slashes to take it down.

Had anyone known of this, their jaws would've dropped.

For a fifth level Qi Realm expert, it would be exhausting to go against the Steel Boned Jackal or the Metal Claw Wolf. One on one, not many fifth level Qi Realm experts would dare to face them. Yet, Li Fuchen could kill both of them without much effort. His skills would probably outshine the majority of Qi Realm cultivators.

Obviously a regular fifth level Qi Realm expert would never have been able to attain the completion stage for 2 middle-tier, yellow class sword arts. Even though Li Fuchen was currently at fifth level of the Qi Realm, his skills had long overceded it. The likes of a Metal Claw Wolf, was nothing.

Steel Boned Jackal, Metal Claw Wolf, Rage Bear, Gold Patterned Leopard...

In one day, Li Fu Chen had taken down 4 ferocious Class 1 demonic beasts. As for beasts at the level of the Green Striped Snake, he had already taken care of more than ten of them.

As the number of battles multiplied, Li Fuchen's live combat skills improved tremendously. His sword skills were no longer like before. Even though they were exquisite, there was still hints of stiffness.

***

As the sky darkened, Li Fuchen rushed back to the Li Clan.

Today's harvest was great. 7 stalks of low-tier, yellow class herbs, 20 metal claws, and 5 beast pelts. Valued at 20 gold coins.

Back at the Li Clan, the sky was covered in darkness, Li Fuchen had plans to sort out the herbs and beast materials.

"Fuchen, what were you busy with today?" Asked Li Tianhan while at the dining table.

"Dad, I settled down somewhere to practice my sword skills." Li Fuchen didn't dare to reveal his trip to the Misty Mountains.

"Mmm..." Li Tianhan didn't harbour any doubts, as when he was young, he often liked to find a quiet place to practice his sword skills rather than staying within the clan.

After dinner, Li Fuchen returned to his room.

Sitting cross legged on a mat in his room, Li Fuchen started to revolve the Red Jade Technique. He then took out a jade bottle, and from it, he swallowed a medicinal pill.

This is a low-tier, yellow class spirit pill, and it is valued at 20 gold coins. When cultivating, resources are just as important as talent.

With sufficient resources, it could provide a shortcut to cultivation. But solely relying on it is not advisable either, as there will be a stage where the body will not be able to keep up and get stuck for a long time.

Once the spirit pill was fully refined, Li Fuchen could feel a significant surge in his cultivation and was close to the peak of the fifth level of the Qi Realm.

***

The next morning, Li Fuchen arrived in the city to visit the Demon Refinery.

"Young master Fuchen, for every metal claw, it is 1 silver, 20 will be a total of 2 gold pieces. Among the 4 beast pelts, the Gold Patterned Leopard is considerably better and is priced at 2 gold coins. For the Rage Bear, it's 5 silver. The Metal Claw Wolf is at 2 silver and the Steel Boned Jackal at 1 silver. For a total of 7 gold and 7 silver coins, what do you think?" Offered the shop keeper at the Demon Refinery, after appraising all the materials on the counter.