Chapter 26: Left in Shock

Li Xuanfeng softly explained, "With Fuchen's skills, even if he loses one match, he still would have a good chance to grasp a spot in the top 5. For the future of the Li Clan, I hope he can lose one match to Yunhai."

"This is not possible." Li Tianhan rejected on the spot, "With the Cang Lan Sect outer sect elder observing this genius contest, if Fuchen throws a match on purpose, he will lose the qualification to continue."

There were precedents in the past, a certain clan wanted to get more spots in the contest and ordered the contestants with absolute strength to throw their matches. The Cang Lan outer sect elder noticed it and immediately disqualified the contestants who threw the matches.

And trust that the Cang Lan Sect will do it. With countless cities under their control, they have endless amounts of geniuses flocking to them. They will not bother if you make it or not, as those disciples with real potential were already invited into the sect.

"Then we have to forgo one of them. You are the Patriarch, you should know who to give up on." Li Xuanfeng knew throwing the match wasn't the way, but if it was legal, he wouldn't need to personally request it.

Li Tianhan put on an unpleasant face and said, "Founder, you want me to forsake Fuchen? This is definitely out of the question. Even if Fuchen agreed, I will object to it."

He isn't this impartial and selfless, so what if he is the Patriarch? If it was because of this Patriarch status that he had to forsake his son's future, then he was willing to give up the Patriarch position.

Li Xuangfeng narrowed his brows, "I understand your feelings as a father. But you need to accept the fact that you aren't just Fuchen's father, but you are the Li Clan's Patriarch too. If you can't even make a contribution to the Li Clan, who else can be counted on to make the sacrifice."

"Contribution? Giving up what belongs to my son is called contribution?" Li Tianhan questioned.

Li Xuanfeng gruffed, "Tianhan, I do not know if your are really muddled or pretending to be. Fuchen's normal bone frame is a fact everyone knows of, but Yunhai has a 2 star bone frame. How can a normal bone frame be placed on the same topic line? Giving up on the normal bone frame and choosing a 2 star bone frame is the best choice for the Li Clan."

Li Tianhan disagreed, "Founder, I beg to differ. Even if he has a 2 star bone frame, in this world, there are plenty of 2 star bone frame individuals. But only a selected few can progress to Earth Realm. A normal bone frame cannot be denied the chance to achieve the Earth Realm. Three thousand miles away is Chaoyang City's lord, who began with a normal bone frame, yet he still obtained the title of city lord.

"That is an exception, how many of them are there? One out of every five 2 star bone frame cultivators could produce one Earth Realm practitioner. But even a hundred normal bone frame may not be able to produce one Earth Realm practitioner. This probability is of 1 in a 100, it's almost negligible."

Only allowed on Creativenovels.com

"Founder, do you truly believe Fuchen is an average individual with a normal bone frame? Since our Li Clan established ourselves 60 years ago, have you ever seen a normal bone frame with such an exceptional performance? He could very well be the next Chaoyang City's lord."

Li Xuanfeng had a change of mind, 'It seems Li Fuchen cannot be treated as a normal bone frame. This performance is even more dauntless than the Chaoyang City's lord during his youthful years. But a normal bone frame has too many unknown variables to take such a risk."

Denying the words of Li Tianhan, "The clan has invested too much on Yunhai, he can't be abstained. I hope you'll think for the larger interest and not neglect my expectations of you."