Chapter 2: Golden Amulet

"Did you hear? Guan Xue and Li Fuchen are dissolving their engagement."

"Such a poor thing. First his talent vanished, now even his fiancée is gone, this must be the most devastating blow one can receive."

"Hmph, he should have just humiliated himself. Now, he has even sullied the Li Clan."

"Hush, here he comes."

On the side of the road, all the murmuring stopped abruptly.

Li Fuchen walked pass these people with an emotionless expression on his face.

Regarding the dissolution of the of the betrothal, Li Fuchen was not at all in shock. But when Guan Xue showed the talents she possessed, it all began to slowly change. Although she still retained that gentle and respectful expression, the pride within was difficult to mask. It was the kind of pride that only an absolute prodigy possessed. Being the inept that he was now, he was comparable to that of a peasant to her, which made his heart feel slightly sour.

The only thing he couldn't accept, was that the Guan Clan burning the bridge after crossing the river.

When the Guan Clan first arrived in Yunwu City, they were constantly oppressed by other clans. If not for the support of the Li Clan, the Guan Clan wouldn't have been able to establish themselves in Yunwu City. By supporting the Guan Clan, the Li Clan even offended one of the other four major clans, the Yang Clan.

"Is this what they call human nature?"Li Fuchen thought to himself.

***

As usual, Li Fuchen arrived at the peak of the mountain behind the Li Clan's quarters.

He relished the heights, it may have been due to his desire to have strength, overlooking all beings.

Today's weather seemed a bit strange, the winds were ripping the clouds rapidly, and streaks of gold could be seen within.

"If there comes a day, where I could punch through the clouds, I would be able to die with no regrets."

Li Fuchen made a fist and punched towards the sky with a perfect form, imagining that his punch was penetrating the golden ranks of the clouds, going straight to the stars.

As he laughed to himself, Li Fuchen decided to descend the mountain.

All of the sudden, he stopped, stunned.

He saw the ranks of golden clouds shoot open, a beam of gold had pierced through. The ray tore through the sky towards him at the speed of light, it felt as if time had stopped. Between the heavens and the earth, all was silent.

Li Fuchen wanted to run, but his body didn't respond.

The golden ray was blinding, forcing Li Fuchen to shut his eyes. In the next moment, he felt an intense heat between his brows before blacking out.

 In the next moment, he felt an intense heat between his brows before blacking out