Chapter 16

-----------------------------------------------------------------Liam’s POV------------------------------------

I didn't tell Vicki or Emily I was coming because I wanted it to be a surprise. It was ten o'clock when I pulled up.  A nurse walked out of the house to grab something from her car.

"I'm sorry, no visitors right now," she said. I walked right passed her and up to the door.

"Liam," she said as I opened up the door. She was laying down watching T.V. 

I walked over to her. I gently picked her up and hugged her. She was where she needed to be, in my arms.

"How'd you get here? Are any of the other guys here," she asked as I put her back in her rest spot.

"No, Paul said I was the only one who could come. I have to go back in two days," I said. I sat down on the coach and she crawled onto my lap.

"Not even Zayn," she asked sounding disappointed. 

I looked down at her and she smiled up at me before saying, "We are going to have a lot of fun today," she said.

"Okay, this one is the last one till tonight," the doctor said as she walked in the house. "This one just goes in your arm," she said.

 Emily held her arm out and the doctor injected the kemo in. 

I had to look away.  It broke my heart to walk in here in see all these cords and machines.  I don't think I could watch them do that.

"All done," I asked not turning around.

"Yep," she said. 

 I turned around and kissed her.

"Oh," Vicki said walking into the room and looking at me. "When did you get here?" She had what looked like dinner in her hand.

"Just now I came to see Emily," I said.

She sat down the plate of food. "How long are you here for," she asked.

"Only a couple days," I said.

She sat down and turned the T.V on. 

Emily looked really tired so I set her gently on the coach and walked to a different seat.

"Where are you going," she asked as she sat up and looked at me.

"I wanted you to be more comfortable," I said getting up and walking back over to her.

"This coach is big enough for both of us," she said moving up closer to the edge so I could lay behind her.

"I'm going to go change first," I said grabbing my stuff and walking into the bathroom. I changed into basketball shorts and a batman shirt. Emily loved it when I wore this shirt. I walked out to see Emily still at the edge of the coach waiting for me. I smiled at her and gently lied down on the coach next to her trying to make sure I didn't touch any of the cords.

"We do have other beds if you guys want to move," Vicki said laughing at us as I tried to make sure Emily didn't fall off the coach.

"She is already asleep though and I don't want to wake her up," I said sitting up. 

Vicki shrugged but soon I got up and picked her up while Vicki followed behind me with the machines that kept her alive. I lied her down in the bed and made sure she was comfortable before I lied down.

"Thanks," I said to Vicki as she walked out. "For taking care of her when I couldn't."

 She smiled then shut the door.