Omake: Final

Last one, kind of makes me sad, but I wanted to include one more snipet from Hana's childhood. After this will be the last chapter of Part Two. And do you know what that means? That of course means our transition to Part Three where everything goes to shit. Enjoy ;)

_________\\\\\___________

"Hana, under no circumstances are you allowed to let go of my hand. Understood?"

"Hai," Madara's niece gave him the sweetest closed-eyed smile in the universe. If only she was as innocent as she acted.

"Okay, then repeat what I just said," Madara folded his arms.

"Under no circumstances am I allowed to let go of your hand," Hana chimed obediently.

"Good. This is your first day out in the village and I don't want you to get hurt or cause any form of trouble." Madara gave her his strictest look as Hana just blinked with her huge, innocent black-liquid eyes.

"Alright," he caved, helping the girl into her coat, "we can leave now."

As expected, Madara lost Hana in the first ten minutes. Hana, meanwhile, was having the time of her life. One stall-keeper even gave her a free sample of dango, telling her with crinkled eyes how positively adorable she was. Hana used that same cute smile with each of the stall-keepers until soon, she had a neat package of snacks from each stall.

Walking around, the five-year old went around bravely among the much taller adults and children. She kept skipping forwards, eyes taking in the beautiful sights and sounds of the village until she stopped in her tracks, cocking her head to the side silently.

She thought she had heard something.

Hana followed her keen ears until she was in a dark, mysterious-looking alley. She frowned upon seeing how dirty it was, littered with the green glass of sake bottles. She could also hear the sound much more clearly now. Hana strode through the twists and turns until she saw a girl older than her cowering before a group of boys who were taller than her. Hana tensed when she saw the glittering headband protector around her forehead.

"Why..why are you doing this?" She asked weakly, "we're in the same class—"

"You don't deserve to graduate," The tallest boy sneered before he floored her with a kick to the stomach. The girl held her abdomen, collapsing to the ground, tears welling in her eyes. The other boys began to kick at her, causing her to curl her body in a fetal position and hold her head in her hands.

The tallest boy smirked, stooping down to grasp her fallen headband and dangling it before her eyes. The girl swallowed, holding her hands out. "Please—" she begged, "please give it back..."

"To think that a girl could graduate with top marks on the written exam," he sneered, "how smart are you feeling now, you little—"

"HEY!" The boys turned around in surprise, seeing Hana standing before them in the alleyway, "leave her alone!"