8. The Mission

Hana and Mizuchi were two of the most unlikely people to ever work together. Well, except that Mizuchi wasn't exactly a person, more like a gigantic water deity but in the context, it fit. Hana had a knack of being too positive and bright to Mizuchi's cursing habits and his negativity (realism, according to him). Hana thought of Mizuchi as his friend while Mizuchi was offended at the notion that a "puny toothpick Uchiha child" would consider him as a friend.

One of these instances, Mizuchi was particular not fond of.

Hana was sitting next to him after having summoned him for no apparent reason other than to talk to him. Mizuchi found himself annoyed, but a part of him that wasn't willing to admit it, was sort of warmed that she hadn't thought of him just as a tool or a weapon. The girl was thumbing through a book about chakra natures and how to manipulate them before she turned to him. "Hey, Mizuchi—" The dragon opened one eye lazily.

"What is it, toothpick?"

The name of toothpick seemed to stick to her.

Hana frowned, "My name is Hana, not toothpick."

"Yeah, yeah, toothpick, what fucking ever."

Hana frowned, "Anyways, I wanted to ask you if you are like the Tailed Beasts."

"What?" Mizuchi blinked.

"The Tailed Beasts—" Hana continued, "they are rumored to be chakra powerhouses and hidden in remote locations around the world—"

"Yeah, yeah, I know what they are—" Mizuchi rolled his eyes, "all I want to know is why you are curious about those fuzzy tailed bastards—"

"I'm not curious about them, I'm curious about you—" Hana said, "I know you have loads of chakra, so I was wondering if you're like them."

Mizuchi sighed, "The Tailed Beasts are pure chakra—I have massive amounts but when compared to the likes of the Nine Tails, I cannot compare. However, I do have special powers of my own."

"And what are those?" Hana leaned in closer, fascination in her eyes.

Mizuchi flicked his claw, "I am the lord of rivers and lakes and such, which means I connect directly to the life force that runs through water. I've trained your sensei in water jutsu and I think that's enough to be going on with....oh wait, right—" he blinked, "being one of the many deities, I have the special ability to teleport."

"Like the shunshin no jutsu?" Hana tilted her head.

"Even better—" Mizuchi grinned, "I can travel between dimensions."

Hana blinked, "You have to be joking."

"Hey, I'm not lying!" Mizuchi said crossly, "I can actually do that!"

"Prove it."

"Well I can't right now—" Mizuchi said, "it would take a significant amount of chakra to travel between timelines and dimensions and such—"

"Sure."

Mizuchi growled as Hana smirked.

After a moment of silence, Hana asked, "Since Tailed Beasts are pure chakra, can you seal them?"

Mizuchi nodded, "Technically, yes. You can seal them though that would take considerable fuinjutsu strength. If you seal them inside of people, their chakra becomes mixed with their host and the host becomes a Jinchurriki."

Hana blinked, "Jinchurriki? Can you become one too, Mizuchi?"

"Theoretically, I suppose that's not impossible," Mizuchi sighed as he placed his head in his paws, "though that would be a pain in the ass. Imagine me sealed inside of someone—" he snorted, "better yet, imagine me sealed inside of some puny Uchiha toothpick like you. I would never survive the shame."