23. Demons

If you guys think you are ready for this chapter, I am sorry, but you are very wrong. Expect a lot of plot divergence.
Disclaimer: Violence and graphic scenes of domestic abuse. Do not proceed if uncomfortable.

__________

"You are a Takigakure nin," Hana stated, her voice devoid of any fear that surrounded the guards. She wasn't surprised in the least. The man managed to sneak into the Hokage office to assassinate Hashirama. At least he failed at that, spectacularly. Hashirama had beaten him with nothing less than a scratch but the interrogation nin had less of a pleasant time trying to pry information from this Takigakure shinobi.

The man before her was tanned and muscular, his lower face covered by a mask. Green eyes, almost like emerald slits, regarded her coldly. Right now, he was held by thick, chakra-absorbing shackles that bound him to the cold dungeon walls. "I do not answer to brats like you," he finally murmured in a low voice, obviously overlooking her for her petite height and her mere thirteen-years.

Hana narrowed her eyes. The gods had given him a mercy by placing her in ANBU, where everyone was required to cover their face in a mask. Behind the porcelain cat mask, her bloodred Sharingan darkened.

"Leave us," she told the guards, who followed her orders hesitantly.

The shinobi narrowed his eyes, Hana seeing his muscles tense--too slight to be seen by anyone not wielding the Uchiha dojutsu. "What is your name?" she switched the topic with ease, taking a seat from the other side.

The fire crackled from behind her, sending dancing sparks into the air and filling the otherwise tense silence.

When he didn't answer, Hana said calmly, "My name is Hana and I am more or less the youngest member of our village's Special Ops. Your interrogators have doubtless tortured you physically and mentally, but I will do neither." Hana gazed into the narrowed green eyes. "I dedicated my life to this village and I can understand why you are so determined on your loyalty to your village. You are a respectable shinobi, to not have resorted to cowardice and given out information freely."

"Do not seek to use elementary techniques on me, little girl," the man said in a voice of dark warning, "I am not a patient man and I will not succumb to such pathetic games."

Hana smiled, "Of course. You are fully-fledged and I am nothing but a weak little child. And yet, I am not the one behind bars, am I?"

The man's muscles tightened, rage clearly showing in the gritting of his jaw.

"I will tell you nothing."

"Oh, but you have. Your mind has been distracted by this simple conversation, giving me all the access I needed," she murmured.

Hana used this opportunity to slide off her mask, her red irises making the shinobi recoil slightly. He noticed the ripple of genjutsu then, cursing as he realized that she was telling the truth. The hypnotizing pattern of her eyes swirled dangerously as the thirteen year old girl stood up.

"You damn Uchiha," he spat.

"Careful on the anger, Kakuzu-san," she said tonelessly, "have patience, you will be released soon. Tell your village elders to never attempt a mistake like this again. Because shall we meet again--" her eyes swirled into a different pattern, like shadows upon blood, " I assure you, there will be nothing left of your body to take back to the village."

The fire blazed in the hearth, casting a shadow upon the girl's face before she replaced her porcelain mask. For a moment, the  fire illuminated the red marks of the cat's mouth making it  seem as if it was grinning, its teeth bared in the beginnings of a snarl.