7. Fireworks and the Talk

Author's Note: This is straight up filler, meaning that I wrote this just for laughs. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment, I always love hearing your thoughts :D

*********

Konoha had an annual festival in the spring to boost up the public mood as well as celebrate another successful year. All around, civilians peddled their wares and mouthwatering sweets were sold as well. However, the chief spectacle was the fireworks.

When night fell with a sky of glittering stars, everyone gathered around to see the fireworks. Tobirama had brought his genin as a sort of break for them for all of their hard work. The three older ones cheered as they saw the beautiful fireworks explode into the sky but Hana tried to go on her toes to see them. Everyone was so much taller than her....

  Hana pouted. She really wanted to see the pretty fireworks.

  Tobirama caught this out of the corner of his eye. He sighed as he crouched down. "Get on my back," he said expressionlessly as Hana blinked at him in astonishment.

  Tobirama huffed, "I won't ask again—"

  The girl wrapped her small arms around his neck as he eased her onto him, his hands keeping her legs firmly in place so that she wouldn't slip off.

  Hana's eyes widened as she saw the many beautiful exploding flowers in the skies. It was explosive, for a moment, and that moment of beauty made it all the more better.

  Tobirama caught the look of fascination in her eyes and for a moment, just a moment, his hard expression softened a fraction.

******

  The next day, it was back to business for all. Everyone gathered to train and compare their ninjutsu. For Hana, she had been steadily improving, perhaps even having a jump in the brevity of her skill. That resulted in her being a bit too curious of her teammates antics instead of practicing the routines of katas that she knew only too well.

  Hana was always curious of what Hiruzen had always kept at the bottom of his pack. He would always be smiling sheepishly with that weird look on his face as he flipped through some book. Hana finally got so curious that she decided to see for herself. While Hiruzen went to get some water, she reached into the pack and found the book. On the cover was a scantily clad woman with batting eyelashes.

  Hana flipped through the book, seeing a lot of mentioning of something called sex.

  Hana frowned before she put the book back. When Hiruzen returned with Homura and Koharu, she couldn't resist but ask him the question. "Hiruzen," she said, her eyes wide and innocent, "What is sex?"

  Hiruzen blanched, choking on his water as Homura looked ashamed. And as for Koharu..well, Koharu had considered Hana to be more or less her little sister, after always wanting to be one. "Hana..." her voice was low and threatening, suddenly looking ten times bigger than she actually was, "where did you see that word?"

  Hana blinked, "In Hiruzen's book, I took a peek because I thought it was comedy and there was a lot of mention about sex."

  Hiruzen had turned about the same shade as a sun ripened tomato, steam whizzing out of his ears. Koharu had a dark shade over her face, her head bowed for a moment.

  "Haha...why would you make up such a story, Hana—" Hiruzen rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "I don't have any books like that—"

  "Hi...ru....zen..." Koharu's eyes were filled with hellfire as she stood up, shaking her fist at him as the young boy cowered fearfully in front of her, "how dare you corrupt sweet little Hana with your perverted books! You should be ashamed of yourself, you blundering idiot for even carrying around that book in front of Hana!"