4. A Team

Another Hana picture—😍

*******

Madara looked coldly at Tobirama, who exchanged the look with just as hostile a glare.

"Uncle!" The girl's expression brightened as she raced over to him, the stranger moving as he watched the child, "look! I passed my graduation exam! I'm a genin now!" She waved the glittering headband in front of his face as the man's eyes softened slightly when he saw her.

"Good work," he said simply as the girl smiled in pride, but as soon as she reached his side, Madara took her smaller hand and pulled her behind him. The girl squirmed but he just moved in front of her, shielding her from the other man.

"She's your niece?" Tobirama's eyes swept to the girl who was pushed behind her uncle.

Izuna's daughter.

She looked exactly like him.

Tobirama saw only innocence in her eyes, but he knew that would change with time. The apple didn't fall far from the tree and she would succumb to the Uchiha curse just like her father. Not to mention that her uncle was the one who had once told them that there would be no peace until Hashirama killed himself.

He had refrained in that one moment, but Tobirama had already seen that there was darkness within the Uchiha.

The Senju and Uchiha were like oil and water.

They never mixed.

His eyes narrowed when he saw the headband. She couldn't have been older than ten years, and she was already graduating. That meant that she was no ordinary child.

"Hana," Madara's voice was barely above a whisper but a grave aura surrounded him, "go on home first."

Hana pouted as she looked at the strange man but she soon complied and started on the way home. When her form disappeared, Madara straightened, his voice cold, "Yes, she is my niece."

"I didn't know Izuna had a daughter."

Madara's lip curled. "Of course you didn't. Do you think I would ever introduce my niece to her father's murderer?"

Tobirama did not show the slightest bit of fury, but his eyes narrowed a fraction.

"I killed Izuna because the war demanded it. I killed him to defend my own clan. You seem to be forgetting, you're not the only one who lost their brother in the war—" Tobirama said coolly before he met the Uchiha's gaze steadily, "....what of the child's mother?"

Madara knew that he couldn't risk open warfare, not when they had achieved peace as of far. "She killed herself," Madara said softly, "Hana lost both of her parents the day after she was born."

Tobirama didn't say anything for a moment. Apologizing was foolish. Those that were dead would remain dead.

"My condolences," Tobirama said, turning away, "in any case, I have kept you from your niece. You should celebrate her graduation with her."

Madara narrowed his eyes. "I intend to."

Tobirama gave a curt nod before he turned away, walking the other way.

A few minutes before Madara relaxed the fist that he was clenching.

He went home to Hana.

*******

Hana made her way through the training grounds, having received directions. She was to be assigned to a genin team, being the odd one out and the early graduate.

  She saw a team of three genin sitting down in a circle, talking to each other. There were two boys and one girl.

  Hana Uchiha squared up as she walked across the field towards them, having tied her hitai-ate loosely around her shoulder. The group of genin who were conversing suddenly stopped as the girl in the group stood up when they saw her. "Are you from the Academy?" She asked, "is there some kind of emergency?"

   "No," Hana said, observing that they probably expected someone older, "I was assigned to this team."

  Silence.

  The boy with glasses just looked at her. "That's not a very funny joke," he said, frowning, "I know you must be eager to graduate, but you're just an eight year old."

  "Nine," Hana corrected as she tapped her headband, "I was allowed to graduate after a year."

  All three of them seemed to have a slight seizure for a moment. They all exchanged looks with each other, as if not knowing what to make of her. Then, the boy with the brown hair and the sharp eyes stood up, smiling gently at her. "Sorry for the misconception," he said warmly, "it's good to have you here. My name is Hiruzen. Sarutobi Hiruzen."

  He held out his hand as Hana shook the older boy's hand.

  He looked to be about Kagami's age.

  "Homura Mitakado," The one with glasses spoke, still looking at her suspiciously.

  "Koharu Utatane," the brown haired girl said, smiling a bit as well.

  "Arigato, I am Hana Uchiha," Hana said as the three seemed to exchange glances again.

  An Uchiha.

  "Well," Hiruzen smiled again, "we all look forwards to working with you. We're just waiting for our sensei right now—why don't you take a seat?" He gestured at the spot of ground beside Koharu.

  Before Hana could even move to do anything, there was a puff of smoke and her eyes widened when she saw the man that she saw with her uncle yesterday.

  Spiky white hair and bright red eyes met her eyes as Hana inclined her head in recognition.

  The man's eyes narrowed for a moment when he saw her.

  "I assume introductions are in order," he said, as he looked at the others, "did you introduce yourselves?"

  "Hai," the three chorused.

  "Good," the man said coolly, as he turned his gaze to the little girl who was dwarfed by his height, "my name is Senju Tobirama. I am the leader of this team and I will be your sensei to oversee your training."

  ********

Well. Can it be anymore unexpected....Hana's sensei is the man who killed her father. I know for a fact that Madara is going to freak when he learns what happened.

Until next update to finish the cliffhanger.

Please vote and comment, I always love hearing your thoughts :D