14. Dark

"You always get hurt, don't you?" Hiro Uzumaki asked as he re-wrapped the fresh bandages around her injuries.

Hana didn't reply, staring at the wall.

Hiro sighed, "What is it?"

Hana looked at him, "What?"

"You clearly have something on your mind and it's getting annoying to see you formulate your ideas," Hiro said dryly, "out with it."

Hana pursed her lips, leaning against the bed. "I don't think I can become the Hokage."

The words were even heavier in the air than when it was chained inside of her. Hiro just gave her a sidelong glance. "You give up easily," he remarked.

Hana felt her fist tighten. "It's not my fault it's impossible," she muttered, "Tobirama-sensei wasn't wrong when he said that the Village does not want an Uchiha in the position of power. No matter how hard I train, they just won't accept me."

"It's not impossible," Hiro said, as she winced when he applied pressure to her arm, "it's just very difficult."

"Since when were you supporting me with my dreams?" Hana asked, eyes narrowed suspiciously.

Hiro raised his eyebrow, "You were the one who told me that I could become the greatest medical nin no matter what others say. What's so different about this?"

Hana lowered her head, fists clenched.

She didn't say anything as Hiro finished treating her and put away the medical equipment.

Before he left, however, he turned to have the last say. "Did Hana Uchiha back away when challenged by a Byakugan-user? Did she run away when her teammate was about to be stabbed? Did she face torture at the hands of the Iwagakure shinobi, just to give up?" He looked straight into her eyes, unflinching.

Hana's throat tightened. "No," she answered, soft as snow.

"Then get better and go kick some ass," Hiro said flatly, "it's my job to be depressing as hell, not your's. Honestly, you make your sensei look like a jolly person."

Hana watched as the door closed behind him. She sighed once before swinging her legs off the table and opening the door. As she walked, her feet barely made a sound against the wood floor as she felt the walls compress around her like some kind of cage. The anxiety and indecision twisted her core out of proportion, making her feel like a butchered straw training dummy.

Then, out of nowhere, she felt the pressure of arms sweeping her off her feet.

"Hana!" Kagami was swinging her around, a relieved smile brightening his face, "You're alive!"

"Kagami—" Hana sputtered for breath, "what are you—"

"If you're not careful, you're going to reopen her wounds," Hana whipped her head around when she heard the familiar dry voice.

Hiro just looked at the pair of them boredly. "How long does it take for you to walk out of the hospital?" He asked coolly.

Hana raised her eyebrow as Kagami frowned, putting her down. "I don't believe we've met," he said politely, "Are you Hana's friend?"

Hiro's dull green-grey eyes shifted to meet Hana's sparkling coal ones before a slight frown crossed his face as well. "Acquaintance," he said, making Hana deflate, "I just happen to know her because of the amount of injuries she acquires."

Hana didn't miss the slight smirk crossing Kagami's face. "Oh, so it's one of those relationships," he clapped his hands together as if he knew something they didn't, "I understand. I'll be leaving right now."