Chapter 5: Linnea

[AN: It's Bekah! Enjoy the latest chapter!]

[LINNEA’S POV]

I burst through the back door of the café slamming the door against the wall. Whoops. Didn’t mean to slam it open that hard.

“Kristi?” I called out wandering through the back. “KRISTI? KRISTI?!?”

“She’s serving a table,” Mike said walking into the back. “Want to talk about it?” I shook my head no. “Oh come on! No one ever wants to talk to me.”

“Fine Mike,” I said trying not to laugh at his pouting face. “You really want to talk to me about it?” He nodded. “Okay. Harry Styles of One Direction kissed me, and I really liked it. But then Kimmy saw us and now she is upset. And I can’t talk to Kimmy about it because I think I want him to kiss me again. And I know Kimmy doesn’t want to lose me to some guy even if he is a member of her favorite band. Plus who knows why Harry even kissed me.”

“Kristi!!!” Mike immediately called out hailing his wife from the front.

“Lin?” Kristi asked coming into the back. “Didn’t Kim find you? And why does Mike look like he does when I ask him to pick up tampons on his way home from the store?”

“Boy troubles,” Mike said kissing her on the cheek and racing towards the front. “I’ll handle the café and you handle this.”

“Geez,” I said with a chuckle. “You would think I was asking him to help me bury a body.”

“Mike doesn’t do to well when it comes to hysterical girl problems,” Kristi said with a smile. “I often wondered what he would have been like if we ever had a daughter of our own.” I smiled softly at her. Mike and Kristi didn’t have any kids, but they deserved ones of their own. They would have been great parents. They reminded me so much of my own parents. I touched the rings hanging from my neck and sighed.

“Are you free to talk?” I asked. She nodded and led me to the small office handing me a cookie. See what I mean? She even knew I needed a little snack to calm my nerves.  I nibbled nervously on the cookie.

“You have to talk sometime Lin,” she said resting her head in her hands. “I can call Kimberly if you don’t.”

“No!” I protested. Kristi wouldn’t hesitate to call my sister. She knew how close we were, and knew that Kimmy would have the scoop on what was bothering me. "I'll talk okay? The last thing I need is Kimberly finding me here.”

“You’re hiding from your sister?” I nodded. “Are you sure you’re the oldest?” I playfully smacked her arm. She had a point. A grown adult was supposed to face their problems. Not run away like a scared little girl.

“I kissed Harry Styles,” I blurted out. Confession was supposed to be good for the soul right?

“That name sounds familiar,” Kristi said tapping her chin. I sighed as I waited for it to hit her. “Wait! He’s the singer in that band Kimberly loves. One Infection or something right?”

“One Direction,” I corrected with a laugh. “Those lads in the shop that she showed to the theater were them. They are rehearsing at my job.”

“And you kissed one of them.”

“Well actually I think he kissed me. I’m not really sure.”

“Okay, so we’re not sure about who kissed who, but there was definitely a kiss, right?” I nodded. “So did you like it?”

“It’s not like I have a bunch of them to compare it to Kristi. I don’t really date.”

“Because you don’t want to upset Kim.”