Chapter 11: Linnea

[LINNEA’S POV]

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” Kimberly rushed out in a panic as we stood in the hospital room. Niall was being fitted for a walking cast.

“It’s okay Kimmy,” Niall cheerfully replied. “My knee wasn’t in the best shape to begin with. I keep putting off my surgery.”

“But I broke it!”

“No, you just knocked it out of place like always. I’m getting a walking cast. The only thing broken is my guitar.” I watched as Kimberly’s eyes popped out wider remembering his guitar. Apparently Niall had tried to help my sister off the stage, and she had fallen on top of him. Except for the injuries it was almost a dream for Kimmy getting up close and personal with One Direction. Or rather a member of One Direction. Niall’s knee had slipped out of place, and Kim had knocked into his guitar smashing it to pieces and giving herself a light concussion.

“I’ll replace it! I swear!” Kimmy gushed.

“It’s not a problem,” Niall replied trying to calm my hysterical baby sister. “I can get a new one myself. No need to put yourself out.” He turned and smiled at the nurse who handed him his crutches. “Can I go now?”

“Yes,” she replied. “But take it easy okay?” Niall nodded and expertly crutched his way out the door. Is “crutched” an actual word?

“Come on Linny!” Niall chuckled. “I want to go at least make part of the signing if I can. Don’t want to totally disappoint the fans.” I raced after them. After the fall Liam had taken charge sending me off with Niall and Kimberly while herding the other lads to the signing event. I think he knew that I needed a break from both Harry and Louis. Plus I kind of lose it whenever Kimmy is hurt in any way.

“Lin? Linnea?” Kim called as I finally snapped to attention in the car. “Niall and I wanted to know if it would be okay for me to go meet Ed at their next concert?”

“Ed as in Ed Sheeran?” I asked excitedly. I loved him. He was such a great singer. “THE Ed Sheeran?!?”

“Told you she was a fan,” KImmy smirked.

“You were right,” Niall laughed. “So I take it you approve?”

“I DO! I DO! I DO!” I  said bouncing up and down in my seat. “Could we go meet him right now?!!!?”

“Tomorrow night,” Niall said still laughing at me. “We have a small, private concert, and Ed promised to stop by.”

“I can’t wait!” Finally this job was paying off! I probably looked like a four year old bouncing in my seat, but I don’t think Niall or Kimberly cared. They seemed to be having some sort of intense conference of some kind. Wait. Did they just say my name? “What are you two talking about?”

“Nothing,” they replied in unison.

“I heard you say my name.”

“Stop with the big head sis,” Kimmy groaned. “It’s not about you. Oh, we’re here! Let me helo you get out of the car Ni.” Ni? Ni? Now they were best buddies or something? And I’m positive that they were talking about me. They both continued to ignore me as I followed them into the signing. Cheers sounded from the crowd as Niall made his entrance. The place was just swarmed with fans. I keep forgetting that they are THIS famous. I don’t think I could deal with the screaming for this long.

“All settled Nialler?” Liam asked as Kimmy helped him into his seat.

“Just fine,” Niall replied as he began to rapidly sign items that passed in front of him. “I can take off the walking cast for the concert tomorrow. Just no acrobatics for a month.”