Chapter 1: Linnea

[AN: Hey it's Bekah! I hope you guys enjoy this story! So the basic idea is that Jordan and I will switch off. All the chapters in Linnea's POV will be written by me. And all the chapters in Kimberly's POV will be written by Jordan. So here we go!]

Linnea's POV

“Lin! Lin! Wake up!” I could hear the voice above me shouting. I bolted up in bed my eyes wide in fright. I didn’t have to guess to know that I had been having the nightmare. Again. “Linny are you okay?”

“I’m fine Kimmy,” I said looking into the worried eyes of my sixteen year old sister. “It was just a bad dream. Nothing really.”

“You were dreaming about the accident again weren’t you?” she asked taking on an authoritative tone. I sighed and got out of bed pushing her out of my room.

“It was just your every day, ordinary nightmare. Just go.” I glanced at my clock. “You have to be at work in ten minutes.”

“I’m going,” she said rolling her eyes. “Are you sure you’re okay?” There she goes again mothering me. I was fine.

“I’m fine. I’m the older one remember? Just go.” She nodded and walked down the stairs from our apartment to the café on the corner where she worked. It was seven in the morning on a Monday. She should be getting ready for school, but instead she was working just so we could meet our bills. I wanted better for my little sister, but I didn’t have the ability to do so.

Kimberly and I lost our parents when we were quite young to a car accident. I was nine and she was six. We were both in the car at the time, and we ended up in the hospital for weeks afterwards. The doctors would hover over us, but they never answered my questions about where my parents were. It had finally been our aunt who had told me that they died. Luckily for Kimberly she didn’t remember anything about the crash itself. I was less lucky. I’ve had nightmares about it for most of my life. I managed to hide them from Kimmy for a long time, but after our aunt and guardian passed away last year she discovered the truth. The more stressed I am the more nightmares I have. Needless to say I am super stressed right now just trying to keep food on our table.

I went and took a shower knowing I had to make it to the box office at the theater in an hour. I manage a small performance theater and then do other odd jobs for money. We needed every cent we could scrape together. I started to fumble through my drawers looking for my favorite sweater when I realized it must be in Kimberly’s room. That girl steals all of my stuff.

I opened the door to her room and smiled at the mess inside. I gingerly picked my way inside making it to her closet. Well my sweater isn’t in there. I turned around scanning the room until I saw my peacock blue cardigan sitting on her dresser. I marched over and pulled it off knocking off something in the process. I smiled when I realized it was a flyer for a One Direction show. They were Kimmy’s favorite band. She was giddy when we moved to London last year since the boys all lived in the same city.

It could get annoying listening to her play their music over and over, but I always let her. It was the one time she behaved like an actual kid. I pulled on my sweater and tucked the flyer in my pocket to look at later. We didn’t really have much money, but maybe I could find a way to get her a ticket. I wanted her to have one night where she was just like every other girl. One night where she could fangirl over her idols and enjoy herself.

The walk to the theater was long, but it was cheaper than taking a cab. I walked in unlocking the doors in the process. There weren’t a lot of performances here anymore. Most of the time people just rented the place out so they could practice their shows before taking them to a concert hall or somewhere nicer. We were really a glorified rehearsal hall. Before I officially opened I completed my morning ritual.