Zip It

“Come on, Bree. We’re going home, now.” Chase said as we followed Bree towards her locker. By we, I meant, Adam, Chase, and I. “Time to get your things out of your locker.”

“Yeah,” Adam continued. “It’s not like we’re waiting for you to open up your locker or anything.”

Bree turned around, annoyed at her brothers. “I mean, open it.” He corrected, speaking from the side of his mouth.

“Will you live me alone?” Bree asked, frustrated. “Can I go two minutes without you two hovering around me?”

“Bree, with an attitude like that, it’s a wonder you don’t get pranked more often.” Adam said. Chase slapped his arm.

Chase and Adam walked away, but I stayed with Bree. “Try to ignore them.” I told them.

“Easier said than done.” She sighed.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes when Caitlin approached us. “Hey, Bree and Alex. You know how you two have always said you wanted to work a part time job with me?”

Bree and I shared a look. “We never said that.”

“Just agree with me, guys, and it’ll be over quicker.” The crazy girl said. “Anyway, today’s your lucky day because I started my work study at Tech Town and they’re hiring.”

“What’s Tech Town?” I asked.

She gasped. “It’s only the most awesome store in the mall. They make you work weekends, but what do you have going on anyway?”

“I don’t know if I want to work at an electronic store.” Bree said, then turned to me. “What about you?”

I shrugged. “I don’t mind. I could use the extra cash.”

Bree nodded and went to open her locker, but as soon as her hand touch the metal door, she couldn’t get it off. Adam and Chase walked back over to us, and Adam had his phone in his hand, taking pictures. Both boys were laughing.

“Seriously? Glue?” Bree cried.

“That’s quite the sticky situation you got there.” Chase joked, chuckling.

“You know what, Caitlin,” Bree turned to said girl. “If it gets me away from my two brothers, I would take a job as a lifeguard at sewage plant.”

“So you’re in?” She asked Bree.

“Yeah.” Bree answered, her hand still glued to the locker.

“And you?” She asked me.

I nodded. “Count me in.”

“Great.” Caitlin smiled. “See you two at the store. Oh, and Tech Town’s a classy place, so leave the sewer talk at school.” She walked away, leaving the four of us alone.

“Hey, dipwads.” Bree got her brother’s attention. “How do I get my hand loose?”

“Mmm, not sure.” Adam said. “But if you figure it out, let me know.” He moved his hand from behind his back and showed and my eyes widened at the sight of different items glued to his hand.

I looked at my boyfriend who had a smirk on his face. “I hope you know that since you pranked Bree, I’ll just prank you back.”

Both their eyes widened and they immediately pried Bree’s hand off her locker.

I smirked. “That was way too easy.”

Xxx

“Congratulations, you two are hired.” Scott, the manager told me and Bree.