Never Take These Moments For Granted

Here’s an original chapter! There’s gonna be a lot of fluff since we haven’t had that in a while! Enjoy!

“Alex, can you do me a favor?” Leo asked, barging into my room. I set my laptop down on my bed and looked at him, my eyebrows furrowed.

“Uh, with what, exactly?” I asked. When it came to Leo, you never knew what he wanted. It could be something crazy, or it could be something simple.

“I need you and Chase to get out of the house.” He said. “Adam, Bree, Big D, and my mom are already out, now I need you two out.”

“Why are you basically kicking us out?”

“Janelle’s coming over and I need alone time with her.”

“Aw!” I smiled teasingly. “Leo wants alone time with his girlfriend.”

He rolled his eyes. “She’s not my girlfriend. But I’m hoping she will be after today.”

“What exactly are you going to do?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I’m gonna put the moves on her.” He grinned and did a little dance.

“Good luck with that.” I stood up, patted his head, causing him to scowl and walked out of my room, making my way towards the living room. Chase was sitting on the couch, his eyes fixated on the TV screen.

“Shark Man and Flipper Boy?” I asked, jabbing my thumb towards the TV. I wasn’t even looking at it. I just knew.

He nodded. “You bet.”

“Well sorry, babe.” I grabbed the remote and turned the TV off, earning a bunch of complaints from my dork of a boyfriend. “We’re leaving.”

He stood up and slightly chuckled. “Where are we going, exactly?”

I shrugged. “Don’t know, but Leo needs us out of the house. Janelle’s coming over, and I have a feeling that if we stay, Leo will hate us.”

“But I was watching Shark Man and Flipper Boy!” He whined, sounding like a five year old.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, yanking him towards the door. “You’re such a baby.” I muttered. Walking out of the house, we started heading down the street.

“So, are we just going to walk around until we can go home?” Chase asked.

“We could do that.” I confirmed. “Or we could do something a whole lot better.”

He raised an eyebrow at me. “What did you have in mind?”

“How do you feel about ice skating?”

Xxx

“I don’t like ice skating!” Chase yelled, his legs giving way, causing him to fall on his butt.

I did my best, I really did, but I couldn’t help it. I burst out into a fit of giggles. Chase glared at me from his spot on the ice, but I didn’t care. That was his fifth time falling, and we had only been on the ice for ten minutes.

“I’m sorry, babe.” I giggled, lending a hand. He grabbed it and I had to hold onto the wall to hold myself from falling as I helped him up.

“You’re enjoying this way too much.” He grumbled.

I kissed his cheek. “Don’t be such a grumpy pants. You’ve never gone ice skating before, so it’s normal if you fall.”

“I could always use my bionics to help me skate.”

I gave him a look. “Don’t you dare.”

He smirked. “What are you going to do if I do?”

This time I smirked. “I’ll leave you here to stand on your own.” I let go of his hand and skated away, quickly turning around just in time to see Chase hold onto the wall for dear life.

“You were saying!” I hollered, a smile on my face.

“Okay, okay! Just please come back!” He hollered back. I giggled and quickly skated over to him. “That was mean.” He pouted.

“I warned you.” I sing-songed. He rolled his eyes, causing me to chuckle. “Are you going to be holding onto the wall the whole time?”

He nodded furiously. “If I don’t, I’ll continue to fall on my ass. No thanks.”

“Then just hold onto my hand. I won’t skate fast.” I assured him.

“Fine.” He breathed out. He hesitantly let go of the wall and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. I slowly started skating away from the wall, making my way over to the center of the rink, Chase’s hand still gripped with mine. Wow, he really didn’t want to fall.

“See?” I asked after a few moments. “You’re doing fine.”

“Just don’t let go.” He begged.

I giggled and kissed his cheek. “I won’t, don’t worry.”

We continued to skate in comfortable silence, only the noise of other skaters filling our ears. It was nice to have some alone time together. Chase and I hadn’t actually been together, where it was just the two of us in a while. There was just too much stuff going on, and then when I was diagnosed with heart failure, nobody would leave my side.

“You seem happier.” Chase suddenly blurted out.

I looked at him, a small smile on my face. “I know.”

“I’m only saying this because you’ve seem down the past couple of weeks.” He said softly. “You were honestly worrying me.”

I frowned and skated us over to the wall, my back against it while Chase stood in front of me, his arms on either side of my body.

“I’m sorry for worrying you.” I murmured. “I guess finding out about my condition kind of drained all the happiness out of me.”

He frowned. “You could’ve talked to me about how you were feeling, Alex.” He cupped my cheek and started caressing it with his thumb. “You know I’m always here for you.”

I nodded, tears pricking my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. “What happens if my condition worsens, Chase? What happens if I need surgery, or worse, a heart transplant?”

He shook his head furiously. “That’s not going to happen, alright? As long as you take your medication, you’ll be fine. I will not lose you.” I was a bit shocked to see tears in his eyes as well, but I didn’t say anything.

“You’re going to be fine, Alex.” He continued. “You’re gonna live until you’re a hundred.”

I chuckled. “I highly doubt that, but I like how you’re so optimistic.”

He smiled and kissed my forehead. “Let’s not talk about this right now, alright? Let’s just enjoy this date.”

“It’s a date?” I asked jokingly.

He pinched my side, causing a small shriek to escape my mouth. “Yes, it’s a date.” He confirmed before pressing his lips to mine in a soft kiss. I happily kissed back, my hands automatically wrapping themselves around his waist. He tangled his hands in my hair and brought me closer, if that was even possible.

“How about we skate some more instead of make out?” I suggested, panting slightly.

He chuckled and pecked my lips. “Fine. But I’d rather make out.” I rolled my eyes and pulled him back into the center of the rink, his arms immediately wrapping themselves around my waist from behind.

“I hope you know that if I fall, you’re falling with me.” I told him.

“Then don’t fall, babe.” He murmured, pressing a kiss to my temple.

I chuckled sarcastically. “Great advice, dude.”

“I know, dudette.”

As we continued to skate around the rink, I couldn’t help but feel that this moment was just perfect. I wish all my moments with Chase were just like this, but I wasn’t that lucky. But I never took these moments with Chase for granted, knowing that we didn’t get a lot of them.

Incredibly short chapter, but I thought it was a cute one. I’ll try to update Zip It as fast as possible, but I can’t make any promises. Vote and comment!