This Can't Be The End

I know I haven't updated this book in a long time, but I've been busy with school, so that took up a lot of my time. Plus I'm really focused on my Ross Lynch book.

Here's an original chapter! Enjoy! Oh, and you might hate Chase in this chapter. And you might hate me. Just a warning.

"Stupid Perry." Leo muttered over and over as we walked towards my locker. I rolled my eyes and quickly grabbed my books before slamming my locker shut.

"It's your fault, Leo." I told him, causing him to glare at me. "You're the one that decided to pull a prank on her."

"She wasn't supposed to know it was me!" He threw his hands up in the air.

I smirked. "You're not good when it comes to pulling pranks, dude." I walked away and trekked up the stairs, Leo following me.

"I still think two weeks detention is a bit much." He said, annoyed. I mean, he was always annoyed with Perry, but still.

Again, I rolled my eyes. "Any word on the guys?" I asked, walking over to a bench to sit on before class started.

Leo checked his phone and shook his head. "Nope. They're probably still on the mission."

Adam, Bree, and Chase left this morning for a mission, but I didn't even know what it was for. Davenport didn't give me and Leo the chance to find out what the mission was, because he was shoving us out of the lab as soon as the mission alarm went off. Whatever.

"I really don't want to go to class." Leo moaned.

I stood up, pulling him with me. "Too bad. Let's go." I dragged him into the classroom, much to Leo's dismay. This was going to be a long day.

Xxx

I was right. It was a long day. Since Leo had detention afterschool, I had to walk home by myself. Adam, Bree, and Chase were still on the mission, so they never came to school.

About five minutes into my walk home, I heard footsteps from behind. I turned around, only to find a fellow classmate of mine. His name was Cole Harris.

"Uh, hi, Cole." I hesitantly greeted. I never talk to Cole, so I wasn't sure what he wanted.

"Hi, Alex." He smiled shyly. "Um, you're good at Math, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Why?"

"Um," He scratched the back of his neck. "Do you think you can tutor me? I'm just having trouble with the new chapter."

"Uh, sure." I agreed. "When do you want to get started?"

"Would now be okay?" He asked.

Now? He wanted me to tutor him now? And I wouldn't be able to bring him home, so I would have to go to the library. What would I tell Chase? I mean, he probably wasn't even home yet, so he wouldn't care.

"Yeah, now's fine." I finally said. "We can go to the library and get started."

He nodded and smiled. "Thank you so much, Alex. It really means a lot."

"No problem." I smiled back and started walked, Cole next to me. The library wasn't far, so walking there wasn't a problem.

Neither of us spoke for a couple minutes into the walked, but he eventually spoke up. "So, how are you feeling?"

I looked at him, continuing to walk. "What do you mean?"

"Alex, everyone in school knows about your condition."

"You mean the fact that I have heart failure." I sighed. I hated that everyone knew. Students would pass me in the hall and look at me like I was about to drop dead any minute.