28-DO I?

"The funny and most painful thing about it all-I still care. I really do."

DIANE'S POV

"So you mean to say,you had a handsome sexy billionaire and his equally handsome cousin and you blew it all up?" My mum said with horror etched on her face.

I was glad Luke had left with Mark and John.

"That's all you have to say?" I wasn't actually surprised,though.

"Oh my God" she sighed dramatically as she slumped on the chair. " I can't believe this. My daughter really fell far from the tree--really far"

"John may look good and all that but he's a jerk" I defended myself. "Plus, shouldn't you be more concerned about the divorce part?"

"A handsome billionaire son-in-law with an equally handsome father" She mused. "I'm really disappointed, Diane."

"I have a boyfriend now and he's handsome too"

My mum slapped her forehead and shook her head lightly. "Now I really need to go take my meds cause you're driving me insane."

"Lee is more good looking and he is a good earner too" I countered.

"As your mother, I officially declare you dumb"

"I love you mum,but please, shut up"

"Imagine having grand kids with that face-Do you know what you deprived me off?"

I rolled my eyes.

"A chance of meeting Gabriel Carter"

"Eww mum, that's disgusting"

Her expression suddenly turned serious and i knew we were in for the real talk.

"Why did you guys get divorced,Anny? Did he cheat?"

"Let's just say it wasn't meant to be"

"So are you fine?" Mum asked.

"Of course" I put on a cheerful smile. "I have a boyfriend, don't I?"

"You should really stop publicizing that boyfriend of yours. He isn't that handsome"

"I have to go mum, I need to drop by the office" I got on my feet.

"Aren't we going shopping?" Mum whined.

"Take your meds mum, we'll go tomorrow"

"Fine, I'll just take Liza"

Liza's eyes went round and I couldn't blame her. Spending a day with mum could drive any person insane.

"You will take me, won't you?"

"Uhm...yeah..sure"

"Good you said yes, I'm sure you wouldn't want me being around your fiancé."

"Enough of the cougar jokes. I am leaving."

💧

After dropping by the office, I drove back home exhausted. I threw off my shoes, so eager to get comfy with a bowl of popcorn and my TV. It was ME time. Unfortunately, before I could get my butt on the couch, the door bell rang.

That must be Liza.

With my oversized T-shirt and worn out leggings, I strolled to the door, throwing it open. I immediately shut the door in his face and a feeling of de ja vu overwhelmed me. I took a a deep breath and then opened the door.

"Sorry about that, reflexes" I explained, trying to play it cool, despite looking like a zombie.

"Can I come in?" He asked casually. Like I would let him into my house.