23-WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU A JERK

Cause I hate goodbyes,
I hate these tears in my eyes,
I hate myself for the way I feel,
About you everytime,
I've had enough.

I HATE LOVE
CLAUDE KELLY

DIANE'S POV

What do you do when life gives you a jerk?. A jerk you fall in love with? What do you do when life gives you a bonus along with that jerk-a bitch?

But most importantly, What do you do when you can't help but still love this jerk?

Well, I have so many questions.

As I sat before John, my eyes searching his for any hint of sadness or maybe regret, I realized that we truly weren't meant for each other.

" That will be all,congratulations Mr Carter"The lawyer, Mr Chase announced. He turned to me,"Miss Coker"He nodded in acknowledgement before gathering his files and disappearing through the front door.

"So..." John trailed off,he was looking anywhere but at me.

That's a first. I scoffed

"What? Are you ashamed cause you feel guilty?" I spat.

His expression turned dark and he glared right at me. "Guilty of what?"

"The text, everything" I snarled.

"I already told you I didn't send a text"

"I did" A voice filled the room. It was Tiara. She emerged from the stairs with a smirk stuck to her stupid face.

Every chance of me ever being civil with her vanished into thin air and I lunged towards her,slapping her as hard as I could.

"You bitch"she sneered.

"Oh really, I am the bitch now?"

"Stop this" John cut in. "It's all in the past"

"In the past?" I fumed. "My dad is lying in a hospital all because of her silly act and you say it's all in the past?"

He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

"You are really one hell of an asshole. I really thought maybe, just maybe, you were just a broken man hiding behind that façade of a jerk" I hushed Tiara with a wave of my hand and then returned my attention to John. "So how much?"

His brows pulled together in confusion.

"I mean how much are you gonna pay me off with? A million dollars? Ten? Cause seriously, you didn't expect me to leave without a thing while you got your inheritance"

" You gold digging bitch"Tiara spat.

"Just shut up girl, I think you're running out of profanities"

"Money?" John muttered.

"Oh yes money . What? You didn't think I'll need it?"

"I always knew she was just a gold digger, J. " Tiara rushed to John's side. "She's finally showing her true colors. First you, then Greg and now she's going after Luke. All she wants is money"

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just get this over with. No need for drama Tiara"

John stormed upstairs and returned after a while with a cheque book.

"What do you want? Ten? Twenty? A hundred?"He thundered as he grabbed a pen from the glass coffee table.

The exact pen that ended our marriage.