27-HE'S MY EX.

I love you, that's unfortunate. But honey, I'm crazy for me”

JOHN'S POV

  "I really didn't mean for all that to happen" She sobbed as she dabbed her tear stricken face with the tissue. If Luke were here, he would have delivered an eyeroll.

"Tiara, it would be better if you leave" I wasn't sure how long I could remain calm.

I knew Tiara wasn't to be blamed entirely. I was stupid enough to believe she loved me and hence, ruined my one true chance at happiness.

"Let me fix this"her running makeup made it unpleasant to look at her. I couldn't tell if she was sincere or not but I needed her out of my house.

"Just leave Tiara"

She shot up from the couch.

"I was blinded by rage from Greg's rejection, I just needed to feel loved. Anyone would have done the same"

Her words made my stomach churn and I felt my resolve to keep calm breaking.

"No one would intentionally ruin a person's life for their selfish reasons" I spat.

"But you did the same" she shot back immediately. "-with Diane. You took advantage of her situation and got her married to you for your selfish reasons"

That was enough to leave me speechless and seeing that, she continued.

"We all make mistakes John, but I want to correct mine. Let me speak to Diane. I want to apologize for everything"

Tiara's apology would ease Diane, wouldn't it? I stood there for a moment, trying to convince myself that it was a good idea. I mean, Diane won't be mad anymore after speaking to Tiara. She would loosen up a little.

"Fine. Fix this"

                              💮💮💮
DIANE'S POV

    "I'm really sorry Diane" Liza pouted. "What I did was stupid and against the best friends' code"

I tried my best to retain the frown on my face-there was no way I was giving in that easily. I could possibly get something out of this.

"You know I'm getting married and I shouldn't be stressed" she added.

Oh, she's playing the marriage card.

Good try, Liza. But that won't work.

"We'll go shopping, I'll pay" That was tempting but I remained indifferent.

"How about I get you a pair of that earring you always wanted?"

I really think I should get mad often.

"Please, Anny. I am running out of bribes" She threw her hands up in surrender and slumped on the cushion.

Luke's house was pretty simple but chic. The dark theme wallpaper wasn't a surprise-Luke loved black. Luke made me come over and I should have known it was for Liza.

"Aha" Liza jumped up."I finally got it"

She peered closer and leaned in"I know you can't reject this"

We will see about that.

I can reject anything.

Except...

"Bacon. I'll make you a whole tray of bacon, just please say something"

That was it-

"I take it" I finally got rid of the frown on my face. "Gosh, that was so hard. But you still gotta do the other things"