6-THE NOT-SO-ROMANTIC DATE

Diane's POV

     I got in his car with a scowl on my face. He took out his laptop and started typing profusely on it. I noticed the other man get in the front seat.

"Where are we going? "I asked the arrogant jerk beside me.

He ignored me and continued typing.

This man definitely has a problem.

"You know I can sue you for kidnap,  right? "I threatened. Don't blame me. My brain was taking a break.

He stopped typing and turned to me. "You walked into this car, no one carried you,  so shut the hell up and let me do my Job"he responded coldly.

We drove through the city, taking sharp turns and eventually stopped in front of a cafe. I looked through the windows and observed the cafe was empty.

"Sir, I reserved the cafe"the man sitting in front said.

"Okay Mark, wait here in the car, we'll be out soon"Mr Arrogant replied.

So he's Mark.

Mr Carter got out of the Car and walked towards the cafe. He stopped and turned to look at me.

"Do you need an invitation? "He rudely asked.

Such a gentleman. Couldn't even get the door for me.

I got out of the car and followed him into the cafe. We sat down. He brought out a file and placed it on the table.

I took the file and went through it. It contained information about me.

"Are you a stalker? " I grunted.

"Just shut up and answer my questions" he ordered.

Calm down girl,you need him alive, for your job's sake.

"Are you dating anyone? "He asked with his arms folded.

"I don't see how that concerns you"

His hand slammed the table making me jump in fear. "Just answer the damn question"he yelled.

"Yes" I mumbled.

"Anything serious?"

"Blind date. We met twice and we will meet again. So..."

"Enough. Any Criminal record?”

" You already did a research on me so why the hell are you asking all these? And seriously? A criminal record? Do I in anyway look like a criminal to you?” I ranted.

My gaze met his eyes. He sat there looking at me like an idiot.

"Can I go now?"

"You run your firm, you graduated from college with a degree in Interior design, you're the first child of two siblings, your parents live downtown Brooklyn, You live with your friend, Is there any other thing I need to know?"

"Nothing, I mean, you are a complete stranger. You are practically a stalker. If you like me and can't stop thinking about my pretty face, just let me know and stop beating around the bush, acting like a complete jerk"I sneered. I had to catch my breath after saying that with no pause.

"Do not think so highly of yourself"he scoffed"Firstly,  take a good look at yourself in the mirror, I'm pretty sure my pet monkey can do a better job with his face"

Ouch.

"Secondly, love you? The only people capable of loving a shitty bitch like you is your family. What choice do they have,  they have to put up with your character"