24-REGRETS?

Turns out freedom ain't
Nothing but missing you
Wishing,I'd realized
What i had
When you were mine

             ✏BACK TO DECEMBER
       👉TAYLOR SWIFT

JOHN'S POV

One month after the divorce

She found her. Her mother. She's happy. Without me. She doesn't know I'm hoping, that possibly,she'll return. I've become a shadow of her past.

She's happy.

Three months after the divorce

She saw him today. Her dad. It was the best gift I could give her, although she will never know. He's happily married but at least she smiled. I'm glad she finally met the family she always wanted. I remembered her words, 'trust me, it won't last'. I realize now, she was right.

She's happy.

Six months after the divorce.

A business trip?

Yes. That was my excuse to visit LA once again. I'm hoping to see her beautiful smile.

She was with someone and a part of me died. They are holding hands and smiling. I think she kept her promise, she doesn't love me anymore.

She's happy.

Eight months after the divorce.

I want to go. I want to see her even just once. But I can't. My work has become my solace and I'm left to brood in the company of darkness. Her presence lingers in every corner of my mansion, I'm scared to go home.
I miss her antics and pranks, her silly games that brought warmth to my lonely life.

I miss her.

But she's happy.

Ten months after the divorce.

Luke. I know he speaks to her often. Sometimes, I'm tempted to ask him how she's faring. But I refrain from that, I do not want to interfere in her perfect little world.

She's happy,  I SAY THIS TO MYSELF EVERYDAY.

DIANE'S POV

One month after the divorce.

I found her,my mum. It was something I always wanted. But something's missing. I'm hoping,he'll maybe come after me, that He'll beg me to return,but I guess not. I've become a shadow of his past.

He's happy.

Three months after the divorce.

I met dad today. I don't know why the private investigator contacted me and offered to help me find him, but I'm glad he did.

Dad and I had lunch today. I'm happy that he now has a family of his own. I have a half sister. Isn't that exciting? Dad said he didn't know I existed,but that doesn't matter anymore.

I finally have the family I wanted.

I'm happy.

Six months after the divorce

We went on a date.

Stan.

The reason I'm still walking on my feet despite everything. The reason I can still smile.

I'm happy.

Eight months after the divorce.

Who said moving on was easy?

I smile but I cry.
I'm happy but I'm sad.
I move but I'm frozen.
I still think about him.

But, I'm happy? Aren't I?

Ten months after the divorce.

Luke. He's crazy. I'm glad he found the one. I'm always tempted to ask of him,but I don't. I do not want to go back to the past and get hurt again.

I'm happy? He's happy.
That's all that matters right?

That's what i tell myself everyday.

A/Ñ

Short chapter just to show what happens after the divorce. Next chapter will be longer.