2-GAME CHANGER

Diane's POV

"What do you mean we're losing the house?  "I demanded. I noticed my dad's expression go from sad to something else,  probably regret.

My mum coughed. "Honey, your dad and I thought we would take one more shot at the brewery.... "

"You did what? "I roared.

Not that brewery stuff again. Oh GOD.

"We are sorry Anna,  we really thought it would work this time"My mum lowered her gaze "but it didn't, so now we owe the bank and we may lose the house if we do not pay"

I turned to my dad, hoping he would say something, anything. But no, he sat there, mouth shut.

I took a deep breath and stood up. I  paced the living room trying to wrap my head around the situation.

My parents, Lindsay and Frank,  always had this dream of opening their brewery. They had been duped a lot by numerous frauds claiming they would help.

I had to settle a lot of their debts and I'm still trying to do so. I thought that was a closed chapter cause they promised that it was never happening again.

Now our house? My parents lived downtown Brooklyn. It was my childhood home. I was raised and brought up there along with my younger brother, Adrian.

Adrian?

"And Adrian? Does he know? "I asked my mum.

"No, he had his exams coming up and so we didn't.... "She trailed off.

Adrian was my younger brother. He was 18 and in high school. Well,  who am I kidding? He acted like an older brother. I was already 24 but he always called me up and told me to keep away from 'bad' guys.

I sighed and sat down next to my dad. "Dad,  i already have a lot on my plate now and Adrian's tuition fees? I have to take care of that too. I'm currently broke.... "

"Then get married"my mum shamelessly blurted.

What the hell!

"Get married to a guy who can help you dear,  he will... "She added.

"Mum"I yelled"You want me to get married to a man so he can be your ATM? Are you serious mum? "I stood up from the couch, my anger flaring.

I turned to my dad, probably for him to support me?  But he just avoided my gaze.

"Dad?" I called softly.

"I'm sorry dear but it's  the only option we could think of"he said.

This is it. I can't take anymore of this shit.

"I am definitely not getting married especially if my husband is to become your money making machine" I bellowed.

"Look dear"my dad began. "We are sorry we are being such a pain. It had always been our dream. I thought this would finally be my opportunity to make it up to you. I didn't want to sit at home and wait for you to send me money every month. I wanted to support you Anny, but... "He sighed"I failed"

I could feel the tears well up in my eyes. "I'm sorry dad" I spoke before running to my room and slamming the door behind me. The tears escaped my eyes as I snuggled up in bed.

I just didn't want to see my parents. I was scared of the words that might escape my mouth in rage.

They left soon cause I heard the front door open and close. It's funny how you are so happy one moment and the next, your day is ruined.