011: Instant Popularity

CHAPTER 11: Instant Popularity

"Luhannie, how's the essay?" Sehun wrapped Luhan's shoulder once Luhan got off the room.

"What is she doing here?" Luhan points at Jiyeon, frowning.

Sehun pulled Jiyeon closer to him, and also wrapped his hands over her shoulders. "What's the problem? It's boring to watch you alone. So she went with me."

"More like forced," Jiyeon mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"What? Did you say something?" Sehun asked.

Jiyeon shook her head, "No. Nothing. I did not say a word."

"Let's go grab some lunch." They were about to walk, until Kai interrupt.

"Oh, Kai," Sehun and Jiyeon said in unison.

"What are you doing here?" sehun asked.

Instead of answering Sehun's question, he looked at Jiyeon and said, "Jiyeona, we're having a rehearsal, and our costume's arrived."

Jiyeon's eyes widened in excitement, "jinjja? Can I see it now?"

"Come with me."  Jiyeon, together with Sehun and Luhan, took a step forward. But Kai look at the two, and said, "You're not coming."

"Ah Wae?" Sehun pouts.

"It's going to be a surprise," and Kai took Jiyeon's arms and lead her to the cafeteria.

"What? The costume's here?" Jiyeon asked Kai, confused why are they at the cafeteria.

"Of course not, are you dumb? We're at the cafeteria to eat. What else are we going to do here?" 

"Well, you said that we're going to look at our costumes," Jiyeon jolted her hands away from Kai.

"Can't we just eat first before the costume, can we?"

Jiyeon sighed out of frustration, rolled her eyes and went with Kai to eat. While going onto the line, she noticed that most eyes are on them. Some girls were giving her death glares. And she was totally confused why she was receiving those death glares.

Jiyeon tried to ignore the glares, but she can't help but to glance back again to check if she was still being attack by death glares. However, Kai was not aware with these death glares and focused choosing his food.

Then she looked at a girl, followed the direction where she was looking, and it went straight to Kai's back. And when she finally realized what was happening, she turned her back, the same as Kai's, and whispered, "I didn't know you're already popular with the girls. I mean we just transferred."

Kai looked at Jiyeon, smirked and said, "Of course I am."

"Are you mocking me?" Jiyeon cursed and took a piece of chicken and placed it on her plate.

Suddenly, Yuri from SNSD went near Jiyeon and slightly bumped her shoulders, and said, "I didn't know you're close friends with Kai." She smiled politely while grabbing a beverage.

Jiyeon was surprised with Yuri's approach. First of all, they're not friends they even barely talk in SWA, and now she's talking about Kai. And besides, they're rude, that's why they are not friends.

"Hehe..." that's the only thing that came out from Jiyeon's mouth.

After choosing their foods, Yuri whispered to Jiyeon, "I saw Kai in the dance class with some girl but I think we're going to be good friends if you introduce him to me, Hyomin-a."

'See? She doesn't even know my name," Jiyeon thought.

"Jiyeon—" Kai was about to ask Jiyeon where should they eat, but a hand in his front suddenly caught his attention.