Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

Bailey's POV

"Okay, that's enough for today. You're free to go." Matt said, turning off the stereo and placing the remote on top of it before walking out of the room.

He received a chorus of goodbyes as the door clicked shut, and we all made our way to our things. I grabbed my water bottle that was resting at the bottom of my dance bag, quickly downing it as I threw the bottle in the garbage can beside the door.

"I'll meet you out front, I'm gonna go get a drink." Nick said, walking out to the vending machines after I nodded my head.

I sat down beside my bag, loosening the tie on my shoes from where I pulled them tight before class started. Everyone else grabbed their things, and walked out the door, saying they would also meet me outside. Barely after the door shut, I stood up, slinging my bag over my shoulder and started making my way out.

As I grabbed the handle on the door to pull it open, it was pushed back into my forehead, easily knocking my balance a little bit. I grabbed the wall behind me, gaining my balance as a hand reached up to the spot that would definitely be bruised later.

I opened my eyes back up too see that Jake was the one the pushed the door. After realizing he hit me he rushed over to my side, offering me a hand that I quickly pushed away.

"Why are you here?" I asked, taking a step back

"We need to talk about last night." He quickly insisted.

"An apology isn't going to work this time Jake." I replied, coldly.

"Then what will?" He pleaded, throwing his hands out in from of him. "Can't you tell how sorry I am?" He added.

"You can say your sorry a million times. Say 'I love you' as much as you want, but if you're not going to prove that the things you say are true, then don't say anything at all. Because if you can't show it, your words mean nothing." I said back softly.

"Bailey.." Jake began, noticeable tears welling up inside his eyes.

"Save it. I already gave you a second chance, I don't believe in thirds." I replied.

"I should've seen this coming." Jake said back.

"Seen what?" I asked, momentarily confused.

"If you really loved me, you would've let me try again. Everyone gives chances to the people they really love. You never really loved me." He replied, a tear pressing out of his eye.

"That's where your wrong. You pushed me to not love you anymore last night. I wholeheartedly did until then." I softly replied.

"Don't lie to me, I'm not stupid. I saw the way you looked at Nick. You really loved him the whole time, but just tried to push off those feelings with me, but it never worked. Now that you and him are friends again, you don't need me. You both love each other and everyone knows that." He said. "Last night, my jealously of him got the best of me, as I obviously didn't handle it well, and I truly am sorry."

"Jake.." I began this time, but he soon interrupted me.

"Look, I didn't come here to make you upset. I needed you to know its okay. I realize that you want absolutely nothing to do with me, and you need to be with Nick." He said, moving slightly towards me.

"I don't know what to say." I replied, looking up to him.

"Just get outta here." He smiled, "your friends are waiting." He added, stepping out of my way.

I took the few steps to the door, opened it, and turned around to find Jake watching me from the other side of the door.

"Go." He slightly laughed, "I'll be fine." He smiled.

"Thank you." I said, leaning against the door frame.

"Please don't say that. After everything I put you through, I don't deserve it." He said, running his fingers through his hair.

I softly smiled once more before slipping out and walking to the front.

"What took you so long." Nick asked me, as everyone regathered their things, and walked outside.

"I just got caught up in something." I replied, repositioning my bag on my shoulder.

Nick looked unsure at my response, but didn't question it as we walked down the sidewalk.