Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Bailey's POV

I woke up the next morning, my eyes feeling heavier than when I fell asleep.

I groggily fell from my bed, actually hitting my feet first this time.

I attempted to rub the sleep from my eyes, as I walked to my bathroom.

I looked up to see myself in the mirror, almost scaring myself from how terrible I looked.

I sighed, causing a cough to escape my mouth, as I turned around, and walked back into my room.

Grabbing my phone, I slowly made my way down the stairs, and into the kitchen in search of breakfast.

Austin was already in there, looking for his as well.

He turned around just in time to see me enter through the door.

"Whooo. You okay?" Austin asked, stopping his search for a moment.

"Just don't feel to great." I replied, looking farther for some food.

Austin nodded, and then continued to pour the milk into his cereal, walking to the living room.

I found lucky charms, and filled my bowl to the top with them, pouring orange juice into the cup beside it.

I picked up my bowl and cup, making my way to the living room to join Austin.

Within minutes, Austin left from the living room, escaping to his room.

I didn't bother changing the channel, I just stayed with whatever was on.

About 5 minutes of being alone took a rough turn when I heard my front door erupt open.

"Bailey." I heard someone yell.

Noticing It was them, I yelled back that I was in the living room.

Another moment later, eight loud teenagers filled my living room, making themselves at home.

"You look like you got hit by a bus." Mikey said, taking a seat next to me.

"Good morning to you too." I grimaced, taking another sip from my orange juice.

Mikey laughed, grabbing the remote from the table in front of us.

"I recommend you don't change it unless you want to lose that hand Fusco." I growled, glaring at him from the corner of my eye.

Mikey stopped in his tracks, slowly making his way back to leaning against the couch.

"So what are we going to do today?" Courtney asked all of us.

"I'm staying here. I don't feel like moving today." I replied.

Courtney gave me a sympathetic nod, then looked to the rest of them for an answer.

"The beach?" Vinny responded, causing agreement to come from the rest of the crew.

"Well have fun guys, I'm going to take a shower." I told them, standing to my feet, and walking to the kitchen to put away my dishes before walking upstairs.

On the way up, I ran into Austin in the hallway.

"I'm going out. You sure you'll be okay?" He asked.

"Yeah Austin, I'll be fine." I replied.

"Okay, see you later." He said back, as he bounced down the stairs.

I smiled, and then finished my walk to my room.

I quickly plugged my phone into my iHome, and walked into my bathroom.

I did my business, and stepped out just as quickly as I entered.

I dried myself off, then walked over to my closet, finding something comfortable to wear.

Finally, I settled on a pair of dark grey underarmor sweatpants, with a light blue hoodie that said 'live love hoops' in white, grey, and black letters.

I dried my hair off, throwing it up into a messy bun with a thick headband holding it in place.

I slipped on a pair of tall Nike basketball socks, making my way back downstairs after grabbing my phone from its dock.

As I hit the bottom step, I slowly stepped over to the living room, as I looked through my phone.

The TV was already on, so I switched it over to Netflix, and began looking for a movie to watch.

"Bailey." Someone's voice came out of nowhere, knocking me from my tracks.

I jumped a little from my seat, to see Nick standing behind the other end of the couch.

"Don't worry. It's just me." He laughed, coming over and taking the seat next to me.

"Why are you here. I thought you all were going to the beach." I asked him.

"I said Id stay back and make sure your okay. You don't seem to well." He replied.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't need a babysitter?" I asked back.

"I'm not babysitting you. Consider me as just assisting the sick." He wittily replied.

I rolled my eyes at his response, turning back to the TV to continue scrolling through Netflix.

I eventually found a movie, and Nick and I watched the entire thing before anyone spoke of moved again.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" Nick then asked me, breaking the calm silence.

"Nope." I replied, sniffling a little as I talked.

"As you sure. I don't mind." He answered.

"Nick. You don't have to do anything for me." I said back.

"I know, but I want to." He replied back to me.

"Fine. If you really want to make me feel better, go find me some cough drops, chocolate, a good movie, and singing monkey." I said, sarcastically.

"Okay, I'll be back." He smiled, standing to his feet, and walking out my front door.

I shook my head at him, knowing that e couldn't find it, then continued scrolling through the channels.