Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

Bailey's POV

"You ready to go babe." Jake said, as he leaned up against the locker next to mine before I finally shut it. I simply nodded my head, as he laced our fingers together, and we walked down the hallway, and out the door to the bus that Jake rides home.

He doesn't live close enough to walk, so this was the next easiest way to get there.

I slid into a seat, and Jake slid in next to me, keeping our fingers locked as he set them against the top of my thigh. He kissed my temple as the bus finally began moving.

"Jake." Someone then yelled from the back, causing Jake to bend around the edge of the seat, as my head to poke over the top. I saw a kid that I recognized from the football team waving his hand towards the back.

"You coming?" Jake asked, as he let go of my hand, and began to stand up in his part of the seat.

"No, I'm going to stay up here." I said back, looking up to him, as he stared back down at me for a few moments before silently moving to the back.

I heard their jokes instantly start about Jake taking me home until they eventually subsided, and they all fell into a conversation that was nearly impossible to follow.

I took the ponytail off of the end of my fishtail, as I pulled the braid apart letting my hair relax down my back and over my shoulders. I combed my fingers through it as I watched everything move back us with the exception of the occasional stop.

A few girls sitting in front of my that must go to the middle school or elementary school turning around and talked to me for a few minutes, until Jake appeared beside me again.

"Let's go." He demanded as he grabbed his backpack from the seat, and began walking off. I said goodbye to the girls before I grabbed my own backpack and followed Jake into his driveway.

"Come on." He said, as he opened his front door and we walked up stairs and into his bedroom. He threw his backpack against the floor and walked over to his closet. I quietly laid my backpack down next to his, and silently waited for him to return.

"Go change, Colten and Jordan will be here soon." He said, as he handed me a bag which I assumed was full of clothes.

"Actually I brought-" I began.

"I said go change." He said as he threw the bag towards me and walked back to his closet to grab something for himself to wear. I slowly nodded my head and moved towards the bathroom directly across the hall.

Once I was in there, I unzipped the bag to find a plain white crop top, a jean shorts with rips all throughout them. I left the rest of the things in the bag, and walked back out and into Jakes room to see him sitting in the chair to his desk on his phone.

"You look hot babe." He instantly said as he came up to me, grabbing my waist and forced me closer to him.

"Jake I can't wear this." I said, as I lightly pushed his chest back to create even a little space between us.

Just as he was about to say something, the doorbell rang, and since we were the only ones there, and knew who it was, Jake let go of me, and ran downstairs to Colten and Jordan in.

Within seconds, Jordan burst through Jake's door, and into his room to meet me.

"Oh my god. You look so hot." She gushed, and she threw a bag down on the floor by my backpack.

"Thanks." I simply replied, as she started pulling things from her bag, until she eventually plugged in her curling wand, and started hearing it up.

"You don't seem like yourself, what's wrong?" She said, taking a seat next to me on the edge of Jakes bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I simply replied.

"Are you sure? Is it Jake? He seemed a little mad when he opened the door." She replied, looking up to me.

"Don't worry about it." I said, "I'm not trying to sound mean, but why did you and Colten come over anyway?"

"Jake called this morning and asked us to come over. He said I could get ready with you, but I think it was just so they could work on whatever their doing." She said back, as she got up, and motioned my over to Jake's desk chair.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, looking up at her as she began wrapping my hair around the wand.

"I don't exactly know what it is, but ever since they knew about this party, they've been secretly getting together. Or like I would be at Colten's, and Jake would show up so Colten would basically tell me to leave." She answered.

"That's makes me even more excited for this party." I said sarcastically.

"You don't want to go?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but Jake hasn't exactly been the best to be around lately." I replied.

"Aww, how come?" She asked. Great, how am I going to get out of this one.

"He's just gotten really mad whenever I'm around Nick. He basically told me I could never talk to him again."

"He's probably just jealous. I mean, no one will ever had what you and Nick had." She said back.

"You know about me and him?" I asked, looking up at her momentarily.

"I think you've forgetting who your brother is." She laughed, causing me to join her. "But seriously. Jake probably knows that he could never top your and Nick's relationship, so he's probably just trying to get him as far away from you as possible so that he has a better chance."

"Trust me, what Nick and I had as a couple wasn't that great." I argued back, and she finished curling my hair.

"Whatever you say, but you can still see it when you two look at each other. It's almost like your looking at a piece of yourself you've always been missing." She replied, as she began putting new makeup on my face.

We sat in silence for most of the time except for the occasional question.

"Okay, I'm done. Go look in the mirror." She asked, cheerily, as I stood up from the chair, and walked across the hallway since Jake didn't have a mirror in his room.

"Jordan you are a miracle worker." I exclaimed as I played with the ends of my hands and admired how well she did my makeup.

I walked back into Jake's room to see a smiling jordan, before she walked from the doorway and began throwing everything back into her bag. She was already ready, so we sat up there talking before the boys came up a few minutes later.

"Are you guys - wow." Jake said as he walked into the room, and looked directly at me. "You look gorgeous." He then added as he came over pulling me towards him, and kissing me softly for the first time in a while.

"Aww, I'll send it to you later Bailey." Jordan said as she held down her phone which I assumed just took a picture of us.

I slipped into a pair of black converse, as I grabbed my phone from the counter, and put it into my back pocket.

"Colten, take our picture." Jordan said, handing her phone to him, as she came over and stood beside me.

"Okay, let's go." Jake said once we were done, and Jordan's phone was back in her hands. The boys walked out first, as Jordan and I grabbed our bags.

"Thank you, Jordan." I smiled, as we made our way down the steps to meet the boys by the door.

"You don't need my help to look gorgeous." She replied, smiling in my direction.

"No, you did so much more than that." I replied, smiling back to her before our conversation stopped before the boys were close enough to hear so they wouldn't ask any questions.