Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

Bailey's POV

The next morning I woke up laying in the exact position I went to sleep in. Not moving even what seemed like an inch.

I groggily rolled from my bed, and walked into the bathroom after plugging my phone into my speakers, and hitting shuffle, as I do every morning.

Once I was finished, I came back out into my room, and straight into my closet in search of something to wear today.

I decided on a pair of Hollister skinny jeans, that I rolled up until they were tightly secure around the middle of my calf. I choose a teal front pocket, boyfriend tank top to finish it off.

I threw a pair of short light wash frayed jeans shorts into my backpack for the party later, planning on keeping my converse on.

I quickly blow dried my hair before stepping into my clothes, and doing my usual makeup, before loosely fishtailing my hair around the side of my head.

I slipped my feet into a pair of classic white converse, leaving them untied, and the strings hanging out the side.

I ran downstairs, and ate breakfast in a hurry before going back upstairs, grabbing my phone and backpack, and meeting Austin back downstairs by the door.

Once I got to school, I made it to my locker, just as I did every morning. Standing beside it was my usual Friday Starbucks from Nick. It was supposed to be my week to buy, but since I still beat him in basketball on Monday, it was him again.

We talked as we usually do, until I finished grabbing my things, and we continued on our way to class. Thankfully, Jake didn't show up in the hallway, and wasn't already in our first period.

After sitting with Courtney and the Boyz that were in that class, the bell finally rang, and we each made our way to our seats. The seating arrangement hadn't changed since I moved here, so I still sat next to Nick, with Jake a few rows ahead.

Jake turned back and stared at me and Nick until I caught on, and his glare shifted start towards me. He looked between Nick and I, then turned around, causing me to shiver a little.

"You okay?" Nick asked me, leaning over to the side, and keeping his balance by placing on hand against the top of my desk.

"Just a cold chill." I replied.

"Here." He then said, taking the hoodie straight off his back, and handing it to me.

"Nick you don't have to -" I began.

"Come on. I'm fine." He said, slipping it around my shoulders. I smiled over at him, and caught Jake starring back at us.

I froze in the spot I was in, not moving an inch. Jakes jaw clenched, and he shifted his glare straight to Nick. I saw his hands twist into a fist in his lap.

"Jake. I know Nick is a very attractive boy, but I'm teaching up here if you would care to listen." Mrs. Jacobs shot at him, laughs erupting from every mouth in the room.

Jakes face turned beat red, and he turned back to face the front as Mrs. Jacobs continued to teach. I let a small giggle escape the side of my mouth, but quickly muffled it.

Soon enough, class was over and we all filed out of the room. I stopped right outside of the door to wait for Nick.

"Here's you jacket. Thanks again." I smiled, as I handed it back to him.

"Are you sure you don't -" he began, until Jake came out of the door, and Mrs. Jacobs next class started filing in.

"She won't need it anymore." He interrupted, "actually, she won't need you anymore either."

"And what make you think she needs you?" Nick asked back, taking a step closer to him.

"I don't think you want to do that Mara." He replied, stepping back into his face.

"I think I do." Nick said, narrowing his eyes, and him and Jake went nearly chest to chest.

"Just stop it both of you." I said, stepping between them, and pushing them both away my the palm of my hand.

"Your right, he's not worth it anyways." Jake snarled before gripping his hand around the side of my and beginning to walk away.

Once I didn't start walking away with him, his grip got tighter, the ends of his fingers digging into my rib cage, forcing me to walk away with him, leaving Nick behind us.

I turned around, to see Nick watching us walk away with his hands in his pockets.

"Turn around." Jake said through his gritted teeth, right above my ear.

The last thing I saw before I obeyed, was Nick shaking his head in our direction, and walking off in the opposite way to catch up with Madison and Courtney.

We continued walking down the hallway until we ran into the rest of Jake's football friends and their girlfriends near the entrance to the gym.

He switched his grip from my side to my hand, lacing our fingers together, and pulling me closer to his side.

"Hey man." Colten said, clapping his shoulder, and making his way over to give me a side hug, the way he always did when we would show up.

Colten's girlfriend, Jordan, can over and hugged me also, finally giving me a chance to leave Jake's grip, even momentarily.

She gave me a toothless smile as we pulled away, and tuned back into the conversation Colten and Jake were having.

"I guess all see you two later then?" Colten asked, Jordan smile as she came closer into his side, and his arm draped over her shoulder before they started to walk away.

"I'll see you later." Jake then said, before forcefully kissing me, and turning and walking away.

I sighed and shook my head before turning and walking away towards my next class.