Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

Baileys POV

"Thanks girls." Mia yelled as she walked off the side of the stage to make sure everything was moving along back there. she gave us papers that we were supposed to take up to each ticket booth, and the merchandise stands.

"I think your phone is ringing." Courtney said, as she flipped the folders around in her hands. I handed her my folders so I could grab it, and then took them back as we continued walking.

"Hello?"

"Oh hey Bailey!"

"Oh hey Nick! What's up?"

"Nothing, I was just bored and was wondering how orlando was going."

"Oh, so I'm only good enough to talk to when your bored?"

"You know that's not what I meant," Nick sighed.

"Yeah, whatever. It going pretty great. Courtney and I are just taking some of Mia's folders to a few people and then waiting for everything else to get set before the fans start rolling in." I said, as I handed off the first of my folders to Mike who was working the first merchandise stand we can up on.

"Alright, well I'll talk to you in a little bit, bye." He responded, not even allowing me to say goodbye before he hung up.

"What did he want?" Courtney asked, as I slid my phone in the pocket of my shorts.

"I really don't know," I laughed, as we settled into our seats back stage, waiting for our next job, or to just wait for the show to start.

"Bailey, come here. I want to show you something!" Austin yelled from down the hallway, just stepping out of the stairwell. I pushed myself up off the chair I was sitting in and started walking over there. He was getting impatient, so I picked up to a light jog.

"You've gotta see this." He said, running up the steps. After we went up 5 flights that felt like 100, he darted around a corner, into a room, and over to a window, leaning against the window sill.

"What's so.. Wow." I said, as I looked out the window.

"It's crazy right?" He said, starring down at the streets lined with what seemed like millions of people. Many of them were holding poster and wearing their favorite Austin merch.

"This is insane!" Courtney exclaimed, watching from the corner of the window above my shoulder. The fans were chanting for Austin, begging to get inside the doors, but thankfully security was holding them back.

My phone started ringing in my back pocket again, so I reached back and grabbed it.

"Who is it?" Courtney asked as we took a step back from the window.

"Nick." I simply responded, questioning why he was calling again when he only hung up on me a few minutes ago.

"Again?" Courtney asked, voicing my thoughts.

"Again!" I affirmed as I answered his call.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Oh hey Bailey!" He quickly answered.

"Hi, again." I answered with a cheap smile, somewhat amused that he found something so important that he had to call me twice within 20 minutes when I'm on the other side of the country and can do nothing about it.

"Did you see the new Nike commercial?" He asked, sounded extremely excited for an apparently excellent advertisement.

"No, I haven't seen a TV all day, remember. We just flew in & have been at the arena ever since." I replied. We both know that he should have picked up on that one without me having to tell him.