Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

Nicks POV

"Courtney!" I screamed into the phone as I sat in my idling car in Bailey's driveway, unsure of what to do.

"Nick, what could you possibly need at 1:00 in the morning?" She asked, groggily, obviously just woken up by my phone call, and obviously annoyed at me.

"I need your help." I cried, my worry growing for the still unconscious Bailey that was sitting in my passenger seat.

"What's wrong?" She asked, suddenly wide awake, and concerned. As I could hear rusting in the background.

"Jake went off, Bailey's unconscious, and I don't know what to do!" I yelled, beginning to fall apart.

"Take her inside. Austin should be the only one home. I'll be there in a minute." She said into the phone as I heard her running around her room.

"Won't he be mad?" I asked, not wanting her to be in any more trouble than she was currently in.

"Do you want him to be mad, or her to be safe?" She asked, knowing my obvious answer as she hung up.

I turned off my car before unbuckling myself and getting out. I shoved my keys into my back pocket as I hurried around to her side of the car.

I quickly opened her door, taking her seatbelt off, and picking her up in the same way I did from the party. Her head threw back as soon as it was away from the headrest.

I kicked the door shut with my foot, and began moving my way towards the door. Not a single light was on on the street. I knocked on the door repeatedly until someone finally came to the door.

Austin was revealed behind it, obviously just woken up from my excessive knocking. As soon as the door was opened wide enough, I pushed through, turning sideways to be sure not to run her into the frame.

"What is she wearing!" Austin demanded, suddenly wide awake at her appearance this early in the morning.

"She went to a party tonight with Jake before he went insane." I replied, my breathing unsteady as I walked towards the stairs.

"And why is she wearing that?" She demanded again, following me up the stairs.

"She's unconscious and that's what your worried about most?" I yelled, annoyed, as I looked up at him. He instantly noticed my red eyes, and dropped the conversation.

I reached the top of the stairs, Austin directly behind me, as the door clicked open downstairs. I knew it was Courtney, and Austin was too preoccupied to even notice.

Austin peeled her bedroom door open, flicking on her lights, then moving out of my way. I walked over to the side of her already unmade bed, laying her down, watching her head snap over to the side and lay against the pillow.

Just as I was pulling the blanket back over her legs, Courtney and Madison burst into the room.

"Oh my god!" Courtney yelled, running over to the side of the bed that Austin and I weren't sitting on. Madison quickly followed behind her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder in comfort, making her turn into his shoulder.

"How long has she been out?" Madison asked, as he wrapped his other arm around Courtney.

"About 30 minutes." I explained, looking down to Bailey.

"Well, she should be up in a little while. You all can wait downstairs until she wakes up." Austin said, placing a hand on my shoulder, making me jump at first, then relax again.