Chapter Thirty Three

Bailey's POV

We got into the car, Colten driving with Jake in the passenger seat, and Jordan and I sitting in the back seat. Colten just to where he was allowed to drive without an adult in the car.

It was just starting to get dark out, but still dark enough to see perfectly fine. By the time we got to the party, it was getting a little harder to see, but with all the lights streaming from the building, no one had any trouble.

We all stepped out of the car, and luckily I was Jake and I on the right side of the car. He reached back and grabbed my hand before pulling me closer to his side.

"Promise me you won't get drunk tonight Jake." I said as we started walking up the driveway.

"Okay." He replied, not looking towards me at all, keeping his eyes trained on the door.

"No, promise me." I demanded, stopping in my tracks causing Jake to stop and turn around to face me.

"I promise." He said, leaning down to kiss me, before standing back up and walking both of us inside.

Before we even got inside the door, Jake's hand let go of mine, and I was already alone. I couldn't see him anywhere with all of the sweaty, drunk people dancing in front of me.

I turned around, and went to go find Jake, Jordan, or at least someone I knew, but instead I ran into someone, who ended up spilling whatever kind of alcohol they had down the front of my stomach.

"I'm sorry." I instantly said, as I started wiping it off of my bare stomach, and turned to walk away, just to run into someone else.

I eventually weaved my way through all of the people, finally settling onto a stool in the far corner of the room beside a table.

"You don't look like you having any fun." Jordan said, as she walked up to me a little while later.

"What gave that away?" I laughed as she sat down next to me.

"Well your sitting in the corner by yourself without a drink in your hand." She laughed. "Have you even ever been to a party like this?"

"No, and trust me, if Austin knew I was here right now, I probably wouldn't be considered his little sister anymore." I explained.

"Makes sense. My older brother doesn't like that I come to these parties either, but he's away to college, so he'll never know." She replied, causing me to nod my head.

"Have you seen Jake anywhere?" I finally asked, as I scanned the crowd once again, but with no success.

"Last time I saw him, he was with Colten and the rest of the team." She said, referencing the football team. "Let's go dance."

She grabbed my hand and we walked into the the center of the room. I figured since I was forced to be here, I might as well have fun, so I stared dancing along with all the other kids.

A few minutes later, someone came up behind me, and grabbed my waist, so I turned around to see Jake standing behind me. He instantly leaned down and kissed me forcefully, slipping his hands further around my waist.

I pulled away within seconds as soon as I tasted the alcohol on his lips.

"Jake." I demanded, as he looked down at me, his eyes blood red. "Jake you promised." I said, crossing my arms.

"People make mistakes babe." He said, pulling me close to him, and kissing me again, hooking his fingers into my belt loops.

"Jake stop!" I yelled, obviously not getting anyone's attention.

"I'll stop when I want to stop." He screamed, bringing his palm to my cheek forcefully, making me stammer backwards a step or two before pulling me back near him.

"Let go." I screamed, moving away from him again, causing him to get angrier by the second, and push me backwards again. Instead of regaining my balance, I slid to the floor.

"Hey man, calm down." One of the football players, whose name I think is Alec says, putting a hand against Jake's shoulder.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" He screamed, catching most everyone's attention this time, as he clenched his hands into a hard fist, and pushed Alec away from him.

Alec threw his hands up in defense, and took a small step away from him. Just as Jake realized everyone was starring at him, he looked straight down to me.

"You!" He screamed, pulling me up my an excruciating grip on the top of my arm. "You caused all of this." He screamed again, bringing his clinched fist into the side of my eye, causing everyone who could process what was happening to gasp.

I brought my hand from the opposite arm that Jake was holding up to my eye, still able to feel the sting from impact, but only for a moment until the tears that started brimming over calmed it down slightly.

Jake broke his glare at me to see everyone in the room starring at us, so he turned around, walking up the stairs pulling me behind him.

He threw me ahead of him, making my head slide into the frame of the door, cutting it just about my eyebrow. I pulled my hand up to feel small amounts of blood pouring from the top of it.

"Jake," I began quietly, not courageous enough to look up at him.

"Shut up!" He screamed, throwing a foot into my side, making me wince, before repeating the same action in a multitude of places. I could instantly feel bruises forming under my skin.

Without fighting back, I laid in the position I was against the carpet, until he stopped, momentarily distracted by yelling at the people crowding around us to get lost.

I took my chance, and pulled my self into the bathroom right next to my head, shutting the door behind me, successfully locking Jake out.

Without hesitation, I called Nick, and just like normal, he answered between the first and second ring.

"Bailey, how's your party going?" He asked, letting me almost feel his smile from the other side of the phone.

"Nick." I said, my raspy, broken voice easily making it's way out and through the phone.

"Open the damn door!" Jake screamed from the other side of the door, slamming his foot against it, making me wince.

"What's going on? What happened? Are you okay?" He replied, obviously worried.

"Please hurry." I said slowly, barely able to get the words from my mouth.

"I'm on my way. Don't move." He screamed into the phone, as he feet pounded down the stairs, letting me hear his front door slam shut before he hung up and I dropped my phone to the floor.

I laid there for a few minutes trying to keep the black stops from the corners of my eyes, but they continued to come back. Jake burst through the door only moments later, fists clenched harder, as he displayed a look of even more pure anger than he just minutes ago.

He grabbed at the top of my hair, and pulled my from the bathroom, back out into the hallway.

"Let her go." I heard a voice from the top of the steps say, quickly turning my head to see Nick standing there, but instantly regretting the speedy movement, as pain rushed to the bottom of my neck and I laid my head against the carpet.

"Whatever, you can have the little bitch." Jake yelled, fist still clenched around my hair, pulling it one last time before throwing it to the side, and walking away.

"Come on." Nick said, helping me up, just to watch me take a small step and fall back to my knees, feeling nothing from the numbness of pain.

Nick instantly put his hands around my back, and underneath my legs, strongly but as soft as he could. He carried my down the steps, and out to his car, making people move from his way.

He set me down into the passenger seat, carefully buckling me in before making his way over to the drivers seat. He was barely able to drive on his own, but right now, that made no difference to me.

He slowly moved away from where his car was parked, making the way up the road, but that's as far as I followed the movements, as the blackness in the corners of my eyes finally took over.