Amongst Us

Angelica's P.O.V

As much as I knew that Wesley would know it was me at the door and not answer, I still knocked anyway. I waited and just when I thought he wasn't going to answer and I was ready to walk away, his door opened, and there he stood in all his glory. I felt the butterflies in my stomach, I pulled my eyes away from his six pack and looked into his eyes. It broke my heart to see the pain in his eyes, the pain i knew i had caused him and I did the only thing that came to mind.... I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him, he didn't hug me back and as much as I expected him not to, it still kind of hurt. I pulled away from him and decided i needed to say something to let him know how I felt.

" Wes.... You know i'm sorry and if I could change what I feel I would..... I didn't change rooms to hurt you, I did it because I thought you needed space..... You stopped talking to me and every time you looked at me you made me feel like you didn't want me here..... I love you so much it hurts, I don't feel that way about Duke. There is something and I know you don't want to hear that but it's nothing like what you thought, I don't love him Wes. "

I watched him for any signs of a response and I got nothing, there was nothing else i could do but wait it out and hope to the moon goddess that he still loves me enough to move past this. I went to move away from him farther to go back to my room when he caught me by the wrist, pulled me to him and captures my lips with his...... and i melted against him. I pulled away to catch my breath..... I wrapped my arms around him not letting go and just stood there hugging him.

" Oh god Wes I missed this, I missed you"

" I missed you too Angel" he whispered

Wesley's P.O.V

To tell you I was fuming would be an understatement, I was beyond fuming. I left Angelica to do whatever it was she was doing and I had planned to talk to her when she got back. She was right I couldn't ignore it forever she was my mate and I was treating her badly for what, the fact that she was being honest with me is what. I had gone and done what I needed to do and by the time I got back to my room, I noticed all of her things were gone. Just as I was about to turn around to go and find out what my father knew but there she was standing in the doorway.

" Wes..."

"Get out"

" Wes please will you just listen to me...."

" I SAID GET OUT!!"

She walked away with her head bowed down, and honestly I felt like a major prick. I felt her heart shatter into a million pieces and I never once thought i would ever be capable of hurting someone as much as I just hurt her.... My mate. I was angry and scared that I was going to lose her and here I was just pushing her further and further away, I mean she even requested a room transfer too. I was more angry at myself then i was at Angelica, I just didn't know how to deal with this situation.

I couldn't sleep so I stayee awake for most of the night trying to think of ways to fix this. After hours of endless torture i forced myself into an uncomfortable slumber.

I woke later than normal the next morning and after doing a bit of pack work and listening to murmurs of other pack members enquiring as to where Angelica was and how no one has seen or hears her had me worried and I was ready to go up to her room to make sure she was still here. I stopped that thought though because i still didn't know what I would say to her. So I went to my room instead and shut myself in.

It was later on  when I heard a knock on my door and realised that I had caught a whiff of Angelica's scent that I knew it was her, and honestly I was scared to open the door.  It took me a while but I finally opened it and there she was looking as gorgeous as ever, though I could still make out the bags under her eyes and the way her eyes were puffy like she'd been up all night crying, and then she did something I never expected and she hugged me, head on my chest just hugging me, and stupid me just stood there frozen like a complete fool instead of picking her up and hugging her back like my life depended on it. She pulled away and started speaking....

" Wes.... You know i'm sorry and if I could change what I feel I would..... I didn't change rooms to hurt you, I did it because I thought you needed space..... You stopped talking to me and every time you looked at me you made me feel like you didn't want me here..... I love you so much it hurts, I don't feel that way about Duke. There is something and I know you don't want to hear that but it's nothing like what you thought, I don't love him Wes. "

I took in what she said and realised she doesn't love him, the feelinga she had were just that feelings, she didn't love him and I was so overwhelmed with happiness that it didn't occur to me to reply and i noticed ahe had stepped back and had that fight or flight look on her face, and when she had steppes back I realised she was going to leave. So i did the first thing I could think to do.... I grabbed her by the wrist pulled her towards me and kissed those beautiful lips of hers that had been on my mind constantly, I kissed her with everything I had and more and soon she pulled away allowing ua to catch our breaths.

She wrapped her arms around me again and this time i acknowledged it and hugged her back. Then she said the words I had been meaning to say to her since she knocked on my door.

" Oh god Wes i missed this, I missed you"

" I missed you too Angel" i whispered.