Chapter 9

Cadmen stayed away, duke came in after neron told him I mind linked him and even as mad as I was with him, I still missed having him around, I missed how he makes me feel and how he was the first person to never judge me for what happpened. I did trust him at one stage and until it sunk in that he betrayed that trust I was mad at angelica for rejecting him. I realised he broke that trust I gave him so easily and hearing him now I could tell he really was distraught, his wolf needed us as much as I needed them. I understood why angelica rejected him, people who are meant to love and care for her have always ended up betraying her, and now that I can see why duke did it, he still had her best interest at heart. I debated with myself up until a few days later when neron told me alpha Lowell called to say he couldn't come for a while, he was busy. Was he really busy or just glad he got rid of me. Duke walked in again while neron and I were mind linking.

"neron give me a minute please"

"yes alpha"

I could sense the jealousy wash over him, the fact I mind link with neron and not him, I did feel bad I mean I love duke with everything I have but I'm still not sure whether to trust him and until angelica wakes up I don't know what to do. I do know I am starting to feel like I want to claw my way out and jump duke's bones, I miss him so much so that's why I decide to mind link him.