Amongst Us

2 weeks later

I was nearing duke's border, I was nervous. I was in wolf form but knew I had to shift, everyone would know who I was that way and there would be no fights, so I'm hoping anyway. I dropped the clothes I was carrying in my mouth and shifted then changed, I tried mind linking with duke to warn him I'd be arriving soon.

"Duke it's angelica, can you hear me?"

I waited for what seemed like forever before I heard Neron.

"Angelica, where are you?"

"I'm about 10 minutes from your north border, I need to speak to duke urgently."

"He has given me a strict order to tell you if you cross his borders you'll be met with the same fate as all the other rogues we catch."

"Wow ok, well I'm not strong enough to even take you on, so tell him when he wants to find out about all the attacks to mind link me, I know whose behind it."

"Who is it Angelica?"

"Bye Neron, tell everyone I really am sorry for everything, if I don't see you or duke in time, just make sure he knows how sorry I am, and that not a day goes by that I'm not thinking of him."

"Angelica what the hell is going on, please...."

"I'm sorry Neron, I need to speak to duke about it first"

"You need to pay more attention to your surroundings ange." Neron smirked

"Holy shit, you scared me"

"Sorry, I gotta be quick though, tell me what's going on your not looking to good." he asked voice dripping with concern

"Neron, I know he doesn't want to see me I can feel it, I also know he's with someone. what I don't understand is, how can he not feel the bond?"

"He marked someone else ange, I'm sor......"

I lost control, my wolf was angry I shifted and ran for his house, all the while Neron yelling out for me to stop. I couldn't this was going to kill me faster and he had to see what it was doing to me, a few of the warriors come at me and I dodged them, I had no intention of harming anyone. I reached his house and slammed through the front door where I came face to face with duke. I bowed my head showing I wasn't a threat and I mind linked him.

"The rogue whose causing you problems is James, I believe you know him. I'm sorry to barge in like this but I had to tell you before it was too late."

His face softened, he ordered everyone to stop so he could hear me out.

"I know you marked someone else as well, I really and truly hope she makes you happy duke, I'm sorry I couldn't, I just wanted to see you one last time before my final goodbye, i'm dying, in walking away from you our bond weakened me, I could feel when you were intimate and it slowly killed me more every time, with you marking someone else makes it worse. James wants my help to take you down, I'm not willing to do it, I will let you know what else I hear, if I have time bu......"

"What the f*ck is she doing here?" Esarosa screeched

I looked on, wow he really did mean to hurt me, he marked one of the people that hurt me the most, I felt faint.

"Esarosa, go to the pack house now" duke ordered

she put up a bit of a fight but backed down straight away stormed out glaring at me.

"Angeli...."

"Don't, it doesn't matter, I get it I hurt you, you get me back by marking one of the people that treated me the worst, goodb...."

"Angelica, where the hell have you been?"

"What the hell, cadmen why are you here?" I asked

"Yeah great to see you to lil sis, and the rogues attacked the pack, so duke offered us a place in his."

I looked at duke, the pain that went through me was excruciating. I had to go being this close was killing me faster, I looked at cadmen, then to duke before turning and running away from the pain. I got 100 meters from the border before a howl ripped through my chest, letting the pain of the bond breaking completely take over, then duke in my head....

"I'm sorry Angelica, I had to do it. you were gone and I needed a luna to help run the pack, I can take the mark away, but you always leave me. I'm sorry"

"Bite me duke, I don't want your pathetic excuses and tell your new mate to watch herself, because revenge is best served cold, now that I think about it James will be upset to know you've marked someone, not as easy to take the pack now" Sera sneered

"Ange...."

"Oh no, Angelica is gone, goodbye duke and coda may you suffer the way you have made me suffer."

Duke's p.o.v

My wolf hasn't been talking to me in quite a while and boy did he perk up when we heard from Angelica, but I couldn't let her find out about esarosa. coda was mega pissed at me for marking her and not my real mate.

After she ran from the house we heard the howl and I felt her pain, everything that I ever did to her I felt it. I knew I had to explain but when I mind linked her sera had taken over, Angelica was gone because she was to weak to fight sera and now my pack is in even more danger, she's going to James. and sera will come after esarosa. I fucked up and put my pack in danger all because I didn't listen to coda. he was trying to reach out to sera and I had no control of it, I felt a pain run through my chest and as I clutched it my eyes shut. the pain went away and I opened my eyes to see sera and her glowing eyes in front of me, sera looked stunned......