Chapter 20

Duke's p.o.v

It felt like it was taking forever for the blood knights pack warriors and fighters to get here, and even longer since i'd heard from angelica. I can tell you right now, if i don't hear anything from her by the time blood knights get here I'm going in there knowing how many rogues are out there or not. OK so you're all probably thinking what the hell is going on in your head you douche. I should never have treated angelica the way i did, i was angry, frustrated and really stressed out and i took it out on the wrong person. I deeply regret the way I treated her and i hope to god she was OK so I have the chance to tell her how very truly sorry I am. I love her, I have always loved her and I always will love her. I keep telling myself that angelica is strong she will be fine, but i was having doubts especially with James being involved. Now James as i have told you all before, he is my half brother. It all started back when i wasn't any older than 18. My mum had cancer and her wolf couldn't heal her it was that bad, she died just before my 18th birthday and the minute she had gone my dad was straight into bed with his mistress. I had found out he had been cheating on my mum for about 8 years and he had an illegitimate child to the other woman, the child was James. When blood knights found out they turned away from my father, they were no longer there as an ally pack. Uncle Harris is my mothers brother and they were close, he worshipped the ground she walked on but then again everyone did, everyone but my father. I hated him so much and it got so much that after i turned 18 I accidentally challenged his alpha authority and therefore ended in a fight till the death, obviously we know how that turned out. Ever since that day though James' mother caused hell for me and so i kicked her and her bastard child from the pack, holding onto James' last words....... I will bring you down for this, you will pay for what you have done. I remember it like it was yesterday, the way his face looked at me with so much hate, the way his words just made me want to laugh, the way he ended up walking off my pack land with his shoulders slumped and his head down. I was so caught up in the memory of my past that i didn't hear the blood knights arrive and soon enough we were planning our first line of attack. We were going to go to them. I mind linked with angelica to find out exactly where she was so that we could go to her and keep the rogues as far from my borders as we could that way we didn have to worry about the children and mothers being found in the safe room. She answered back telling me about the clearing about 100 meters in from my north border, we all gathered going over the plan once more before we headed out. I was worried for angelica she sounded like she was running low on energy and i prayed that i get there before she can't take anymore and they kill her.