Chapter 18

It didn't take me long to get my stuff together, because the reality is I didn't have much. The minute I step off this land I'm a rogue again, my emotions were betraying me and I tried so hard to be angry at duke, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't. It hurt so fucking much to hear him telling me I had to go, the one person who was supposed to stick by me, love me and respect me. I knew duke was hurting too, with me leaving him, and maybe that's what he expected from me, but I keep asking myself what if he had of let me say what I needed to say, would I still be leaving now? I decided that I still wanted him to know, what I was going to say and I still had time before I had to leave I was going to write him a letter. I need him to know what I feel for him, how truly sorry I am for hurting him. Most of all I had to tell him about my plan to stop James, I didn't want his wolf to hate me more when he found out what I had done. It's the only way.

Duke's p.o.v

I was having a mental debate with myself in my head, I should never have told her to leave. I was so busy focusing on James I didn't realise Angelica seemed different when she came to my office, she was calm but scared, I should have let her talk before I opened my trap, I knew I needed to fix this and as I looked at the time realising it was still only 1 o'clock I had time to catch her before I left and with that I bolted towards her room on the fourth floor, only to be stopped by serafina.

"Duke... she's not there."

I halted mid stride, I was too late. I felt my whole body sag I had really done it this time.

"Duke.... she asked me to give you this."

It was a letter a long letter to by the looks of it, and more of my heart shattered knowing it was going to contain things I didn't want to hear, I snatched the letter from serafina mumbling a thanks and headed back towards my office.

I couldn't open it, I didn't want to know the pain I caused her, I pondered for hours before I tore the letter open and read it..........